MPS with and without tart cherry juice

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
tufluk

MPS with and without tart cherry juice

Post by tufluk »

Has anybody taken MPS with and without tart cherry juice? if so could you please tell me how much your recovery was improved by while supplementing tart cherry.

Thanks
RobRegish

Re: MPS with and without tart cherry juice

Post by RobRegish »

tufluk wrote:Has anybody taken MPS with and without tart cherry juice? if so could you please tell me how much your recovery was improved by while supplementing tart cherry.

Thanks
First month I ran MPS with nothing but lemon water. Very, VERY pleased to find the finished product was even stronger than the prototype I was putting together from raws. Absolutely floored at the recovery from such..

Subsequently added Tart Cherry and it DOES make a difference, though not in the area I expected (inflammation). MPS manages that nicely. Where I feel it has the most to bring to the table is this:

In some cases, you can cut back on your Synthagen dosing when using up to 6 - 8oz or so of Tart Cherry. Of course, TC isn't inexpensive but for those workouts where I really feel I need it (legs/back), I use it strategically.

Still, lemon water plus MPS is my staple. I'm looking to maximize my strength to weight ratio/re-comp, so I prefer to train fasted. Either way, you'll realize some killer workouts, noticeable muscle fullness/vascularity and damn fast recovery...

Hope that helps!
bigpelo

Re: MPS with and without tart cherry juice

Post by bigpelo »

[quote="RobRegish] Still, lemon water plus MPS is my staple. I'm looking to maximize my strength to weight ratio/re-comp, so I prefer to train fasted. Either way, you'll realize some killer workouts, noticeable muscle fullness/vascularity and damn fast recovery...

Hope that helps![/quote]

Could you please elaborate a bit more on your fasted pre-workout dosing protocol with lemon water? Very interested in that part.
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

Could you please elaborate a bit more on your fasted pre-workout dosing protocol with lemon water? Very interested in that part.
RR,
bump
also elab on when cherry and when lemon.
tia
:)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

It's pretty straightforward,

I sip on lemon water pretty much all day/night.

-Just prior to showtime (about 15min), I down 5 caps with lemon water.
-Sip on lemon water between sets
- Halfway through workout I down 5 more caps of Synthagen
-Sip on lemon water between sets
- After last set is finished, 5 more caps of Synthagen with lemon water and a piece of fruit. The fruit replenishes liver glycogen.

- Drive home take multivitamin, C, E, R-ALA, Krill oil cap and bronze organic.
- Eat 50% of calories for day

The tart cherry extract same deal, 'cept I just add 6oz to the lemon water. Don't do it often/only for the hardest workouts. At this point I prefer to focus on maxing out fat loss during the workout/elevating protein synthetic machinery to maximize my strength to bodyweight ratio.

DOMS is negligible, if any. Recovery is fantastic and I feel fully recovered next day. I'm going back to everyday dosing soon though, b/c I notice on days I don't take it - I don't have that "feel good" effect Synthagen imparts.

It is a curious animal of a supplement. There is a nootropic feel to it, that even I can't quite put my finger on...
aron7awol

Post by aron7awol »

RobRegish wrote:- Drive home take multivitamin, C, E, R-ALA, Krill oil cap and bronze organic.
Rob, noticing that you're taking R-ALA post-workout, I thought I'd share the following link: https://suppversity.blogspot.com/2011/10 ... nt_09.html

If you haven't stumbled across it yet, that blog is full of fantastic articles backed up by what appears to be very solid research. The linked article suggests R-ALA would be much better taken during the fast instead of post-workout.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

RobRegish wrote:There is a nootropic feel to it, that even I can't quite put my finger on...
Agreed 110%, Rob.

You'll recall over a year ago when we were in the early stages of working up MPS formula details I mentioned that the PeaK ATP would accelerate a lot of positives we were not even aiming for... By the way, stacking MPS with BIU (which does target mental clarity, among other performance areas) has a VERY PRONOUNCED cognitive boosting effect that a slew of guys and gals are praising.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

aron7awol wrote:
RobRegish wrote:- Drive home take multivitamin, C, E, R-ALA, Krill oil cap and bronze organic.
Rob, noticing that you're taking R-ALA post-workout, I thought I'd share the following link: https://suppversity.blogspot.com/2011/10 ... nt_09.html

If you haven't stumbled across it yet, that blog is full of fantastic articles backed up by what appears to be very solid research. The linked article suggests R-ALA would be much better taken during the fast instead of post-workout.
Thanks brother, I'll try it that way to see if I notice a difference.

R-ALA I use primarily to recycle vitamins C and E, but I'm always open to alternative thinking... :)

So proud of this board, you don't even know!
sergio BD

Post by sergio BD »

@Rob: now that we got MPS here in North Europe, the next challenge is to get the tart cherry juice at the grocery store.

what would be second best to use with MPS if we cannot get tart cherry juice?

thanks Rob for all the guidance to maximize our MPS!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

sergio BD wrote:@Rob: now that we got MPS here in North Europe, the next challenge is to get the tart cherry juice at the grocery store.

what would be second best to use with MPS if we cannot get tart cherry juice?

thanks Rob for all the guidance to maximize our MPS!
One other nutraceutical you should all be looking into is EGCG, or epigallo catechin gallate induces muscles cells to absorb more glucose.

Green tea contains insulin booster
https://www.ergo-log.com/egcginsulin.html

Now important to point out that you want to consume it AWAY from any protein, including the ProtogeneX amino's in Synthagen. There's research showing consuming EGCG w/protein blunts its MANY attributes -

GREEN TEA WORKS BETTER WITHOUT PROTEIN
https://www.ergo-log.com/egcgprotein.html

Simple fix though, so here's what I do:

1 hr. pre-workout: 300mg of EGCG with 200mg of caffeine.
Immediately pre-workout - 5 caps MPS
Halfway through workout - 5 caps MPS
Immediately post workout - 5 caps MPS - then eat up BIG!

EGCG's merits include up to a 50% boost in fat burning, when used in the 300mg EGCG/200mg caffeine ratio cited. And oh, it also activates the enzyme phosphatidylinositol (PI) 3-kinase. That's the same pathway the Ecdy in Synthagen works through. Ding Ding Ding... :)

Add in the improved glucose disposal, cancer fighting and other properties and you have a WINNER.

Hope that helps..
sergio BD

Post by sergio BD »

Thanks Rob for the explicit answer in SuperHumanRadio!

I will be taking the advice and reporting back here how it goes.

BTW, I have just ordered the MPS twin pack directly from MASS all the way to Finland, just to compare cost/time with Predator.

Sergio
thicketman

Post by thicketman »

Rob,

Are you using green tea extract? If so, which brand do you recommend? I would like to find a product without fillers.

I'm particularly interested in EGCG's ability to prevent breakdown of adrenaline. I believe this could be just what the doctor ordered for fasting days...not only in terms of fat loss, but also to prolong mental alertness (make that cup of coffee more potent for longer).

Interestingly, I work with a borderline hyper-active gentlemen who gets a major energy buzz from green tea caps. He rarely consumes caffeine. My theory is that he has very robust adrenals. The addition of green tea extract slows the breakdown of that naturally-produced adrenalin.

He's extremely energetic, extremely sharp (intelligence-wise), and quick-tempered...