Greek Yogurt, the forgotten superfood :)

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
Big.jazayrli

Greek Yogurt, the forgotten superfood :)

Post by Big.jazayrli »

With all this talk about Power grains here and different protein powders that are better for this reason or that, i feel like there isn't enough talk about Greek Yogurt! It really is a superfood. Its loaded with protein and fat free! (and given that you find the right brand, low carb too!)

It has, in most cases, twice the protein and less than half the carbs of typical yogurts that you will find in the store. While still maintaining all of the important levels of probiotics and active cultures.

The only downside of the Greek variation of this favorite is the slight decrease in calcium. Easy fix though, drink some milk that you would have had anyway!

Here is a short article on it:

https://eating.health.com/2008/02/01/wor ... rt-greece/

Try mixing it with a couple packets of your favorite sweetener and a couple shakes of cinnamon! Its fantastic as a topping or on its own! Perfect on those protein pancakes!

You can do the same thing with your protein powder in the morning. I see no way easier way to improve your breakfast of quinoa, oats, bran, or just about whatever it is you eat in the morning than with a cup of greek yogurt, a scoop of cold processed whey protein (MASS, for example) and a couple packets of sweetener.

I'm truly quite sad that i have neglected this stuff from my diet for the past few months, and I'm somewhat "rediscovering" my love for it as I type this out.

Give it a try Fellas! A couple bucks more, but give up one thing for it each week! Its well worth it!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Hell yeah great post!

I use this stuff all the time with chocolate of berries n creme MassPro. I call it "Cold Stoned Mass Pudding"..

Awesome stuff. Very versitile...
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

yeah i had to go out and buy some just because of this thread. its so damn good in so many ways!
Asao

Post by Asao »

Big fan of Chobani plain non-fat greek yogurt. Tastes great with whey powder and lecithin granules! 6 oz serving has 18g protein :D

https://www.chobani.com/products/c/nonfat
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

Asao wrote:Big fan of Chobani plain non-fat greek yogurt. Tastes great with whey powder and lecithin granules! 6 oz serving has 18g protein :D

https://www.chobani.com/products/c/nonfat
i didn't even think about adding the lecithin to it! what a fantastic idea!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yeah, great contribution Asao...

GREAT contribution. I'm going to try this out next!!
smith joe

Post by smith joe »

Yes I like it very much and I have it in my daily routines and use snakes with it.It has a unique taste and also good for health.
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

Greek Yogurt is one of the only dairy products I can eat without dying inside a littleh ahah. I always pick it up with the groceries thinking that I'll eat it, but frig, I suck. It usually goes bad. Great addition for smoothies, excellent to add protein to for "pudding" or "icecream" as Rob seems to enjoy, or mix in almond butter and some honey mmmmmmmm
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Usually when I run out of whey I replace it with Greek Yogurt. Many companies add whey concentrate to the mix hence the high protein content.
Sam66

Post by Sam66 »

Its a nice link that you shared dear. I am so impressed with this Greek Yogurt. Its a nice article and thanks for this lovely information. Keep sharing useful articles.