The Plan-Eliminate healthy foods that make u sick

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

matter2003 wrote:Found my second reactive food---potatoes...gained 1.0 lbs from eating a half of a potato...

But I should have already known that, since I have psoriasis and nightshade plants are a no-no for us...now I know why...they cause inflammation in our bodies...

After 12 days, I am down exactly 10.0 lbs from 192.8 to 182.8...feeling really good and looking forward to being in the 170's soon!!
Do you still weight train? Is your lean mass still the same?

I haven't done reading the book but so far I am looking forward doing the test.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

bigpelo wrote:
matter2003 wrote:Found my second reactive food---potatoes...gained 1.0 lbs from eating a half of a potato...

But I should have already known that, since I have psoriasis and nightshade plants are a no-no for us...now I know why...they cause inflammation in our bodies...

After 12 days, I am down exactly 10.0 lbs from 192.8 to 182.8...feeling really good and looking forward to being in the 170's soon!!
Do you still weight train? Is your lean mass still the same?

I haven't done reading the book but so far I am looking forward doing the test.
Yup I lift 3 times a week...
falfa

Post by falfa »

I've learned now during two years that it's a long process to get free from eczema. I can basically not do what other people can with paleo, I've to be very careful. Feels sometimes like one step forward and two steps back.

https://www.thepaleomom.com/

A great website by Sarah Ballantyne a PHD that turned into paleo blogger.
She has psoriasis and writes a lot about it and the autoimmune paleo diet.

https://www.thepaleomom.com/2012/05/modi ... mmune.html
In addition, if you have an autoimmune condition, you should completely avoid:

Eggs
Nuts
Seeds (including cocoa, coffee and seed-based spices)
Nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, eggplants, sweet and hot peppers and spices derived from peppers)
Potential Gluten Cross-Reactive Foods
Alcohol
NSAIDS (like aspirin or ibuprofen)

Funny is that this is exactly what I've learned the hard way and from my food sensitivity test.

I think that one of my problems is that some of the supplements I take include stuff that I'm sensitive to. Right now I'm taking a lot of time reading about antioxidants. I might skip them completely for the future, since it seems they could affect my healing because of lack of inflammation.

But most likely I've small intestinal bacteria overgrowth.
I'm trying with a lot of fermented food and probiotics right now. Bone broth and a lot of of grass fed organ meat. But It seems like for the future I might have limit my carbs to just monosaccharides. Which means no disaccharides and starches. I've no idea what I will replace sweet potatoes with. Will be hard to get a daily intake of above 100g carbs from like carrots, ripe bananas, beets and rutabaga.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Eggs are highly inflammatory for me...1.4 lbs from a single egg...

Raw almonds are fine for me, whole milk is fine for me, pumpkin, sunflower and hemp seeds are all ok for me...roasted nuts are usually pretty highly reactive because the heat causes the oils to go rancid

Nightshades are probably all a no go...the first one I tested a potato caused a 1.0 lb weight gain...

As far as carbs, try chickpeas and rye bread/crackers...they are the least reactive of the legumes/grains and are fine for most people....I have no problems on either one...

I can literally feel the inflammation in my intestines now when I eat something bad...it feels like a burning in my lower abdomen and almost likeva swelling...then I start having a lot of gas and inevitable weight gain the next day...

This has truly been one of the most important things I have ever done for myself...its becoming a lot of fun to find out what my trigger foods are and what my good foods are...

Down to 181.0 lbs on day 15...a loss of 11.8 lbs...unfreaking believable
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Just finished my initial 20 days, and I lost 12.4 lbs, going from 192.8 to 180.4 lbs...

Today is day 23, and I just found another reactive food for me when I tested wheat bread yesterday. Gained a half pound, up to 180.8 lbs

Talk about the big 3! Eggs, Potatoes and Wheat in that order of reactivity for me...Thank God I am OK with whole milk or I think I would cry!!! No wonder why I could never seem to lose that lower abdominal fat! It was inflammatory weight from eating things containing eggs, wheat and potatoes, and I mean that was just about everything...I would have been absolutely fucked if I continued on like this...

After a rest day today, testing cow's milk cheese tomorrow, wish me luck!
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

matter2003 wrote:Just finished my initial 20 days, and I lost 12.4 lbs, going from 192.8 to 180.4 lbs...

Today is day 23, and I just found another reactive food for me when I tested wheat bread yesterday. Gained a half pound, up to 180.8 lbs

Talk about the big 3! Eggs, Potatoes and Wheat in that order of reactivity for me...Thank God I am OK with whole milk or I think I would cry!!! No wonder why I could never seem to lose that lower abdominal fat! It was inflammatory weight from eating things containing eggs, wheat and potatoes, and I mean that was just about everything...I would have been absolutely fucked if I continued on like this...

After a rest day today, testing cow's milk cheese tomorrow, wish me luck!
You're doing the right things man. Test one food at a time.
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

Matter: have you tested your body fat % and total lean mass before and now? All those inflammation pounds might be water retention and I am interested to know which side it impacted and by how much.