occluded famine?

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
wtmarcus

occluded famine?

Post by wtmarcus »

Hey gang.

Going on yet another BP3 run here. It's my fourth or fifth.. I lose track. Loving it even more every run. So many other things I wish to do but this thing just keeps me happy.

Anyway famine starts tomorrow and I was thinking... It seems that I wish to avoid CNS fatigue during famine (eg. leg press instead of squats), and having had some fun with occlusion training some time back (was part of a test group for an occlusion protocol) it seems a good fit. From my understanding the occlusion training keeps the CNS fatigue pretty low but still does some of the good magic that I reckon famine should be doing..

I'm thinking something along the lines of the classic 30-15-15-15 with 30 second rest twice daily every famine day.

Pretty much this:
30-15-15-15 on the leg press (legs occluded)

30-15-15-15 rows (arms occluded)
30-15-15-15 pushups (arms occluded)

any comments on this?

comments of the "omg kaatsu will kill you" is for some other thread ;)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

LOL, go for it!

This is the kind of experimentation that warms my heart, LOL. This is YOUR Blueprint, and I absolutely encourage you to tailor it to your liking - especially for seasoned vets, with multiple runs such as yourself.

MOST IMPORTANT: SHARE your results with us! :)
wtmarcus

Post by wtmarcus »

Sadly I had to postpone this experiment. Doing a textbook famine this time around. Will get back to this next run.. Results will be shared for sure.