Loaded stretching makes you grow. aka; Do what Rob tells ya.

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
wtmarcus

Loaded stretching makes you grow. aka; Do what Rob tells ya.

Post by wtmarcus »

Seems science is catching up with the BP recommendations of adding some loaded stretching...
Introduction:

Modulation of muscle characteristics was attempted through altering muscle stretch during resistance training. We hypothesized that stretch would enhance muscle responses.

Methods:

Participants trained for 8 weeks, loading the quadriceps in a shortened (SL-0-50o knee flexion; n=10) or lengthened (LL- 40-90o ; n=11) position, followed by 4 weeks detraining. Controls (CON; n=10) were untrained. Quadriceps strength, Vastus Lateralis architecture, anatomical cross-sectional area (aCSA), and serum IGF-I (insulin-like growth factor 1) were measured at weeks 0, 8, 10, and 12.

Results:

Increases in fascicle length (29±4% vs. 14±4%), distal aCSA (53±12% vs. 18±8%), strength (26±6% vs. 7±3%), and IGF-I (31±6% vs. 7±6%) were greater in LL compared to SL (P<0.05). No changes occurred in CON. Detraining decrements in strength and aCSA were greater in SL than LL (P<0.05).

Discussion:

Enhanced muscle in vivo (and somewhat IGF-I) adaptations to resistance training are concurrent with muscle stretch, which warrants its inclusion within training
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23625461
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Wow, great find brother. Thanks for sharing...

I'm happy to see validation that my guidance was spot on.

Blueprint was written for you, your children and their children. A better way to train and gain - of which loaded stretching is a BIG component! Wait until they catch up on Ecdysterone. I mean, how much more obvious can it be? :roll: