Squatting heavy

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
lost1

Squatting heavy

Post by lost1 »

Im a 45 year old male and have been lifting for about 15 years off and on, with pretty good gains but the last year cant seem to make any progress so I decided to try the blue print. I had back surgury 2 years ago on my l5/S1 herniated disc. I still squat light with 12 to 15 reps In the blue print it says to go heavy should I try going heavy to get the best results or stay on the lighter side?
RobRegish

Re: Squatting heavy

Post by RobRegish »

lost1 wrote:Im a 45 year old male and have been lifting for about 15 years off and on, with pretty good gains but the last year cant seem to make any progress so I decided to try the blue print. I had back surgury 2 years ago on my l5/S1 herniated disc. I still squat light with 12 to 15 reps In the blue print it says to go heavy should I try going heavy to get the best results or stay on the lighter side?
EASY SOLUTION:

Break out your copy of 2.0 and search for "Iron Mind". You'll find links to the Ironmind "Super Squats" hip belt, and 15" Olympic loading pin.

PRESTO!!!

You can squat heavy, with ZERO vertical compression of the spine... :)
lost1

Post by lost1 »

I just ordered today after reading your reply

Thanks!!!!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

lost1 wrote:I just ordered today after reading your reply

Thanks!!!!
My pleasure brother. It may feel awkward at first, but once you get the hang of it - you'll NEVER look back! Here's the best way to set things up...

Pick up 2 cinder blocks from home depot. Angle them inward at the base of a support beam/corner of a power rack. Place the loading pin w/a 45lb plate on corners closest to each other.

PRESTO: You just step up onto the cinder blocks, clip into the loading pin, grab the support beam and start squatting! No wasted energy cinching up the pin first, stepping up/down off of the blocks etc.. Much safer too! Ever cinch up 500lbs and THEN attempt to walk/step up onto a platform? NOT a good experience.

It allows you to squat down and back too, really hitting the hams/glutes in addition to the quads and especially the "teardrop" muscle.

Credit to "Mixelflick" for this tip. He learned the hard way, but ultimately worked out this solution for us. That guy is a gold mine of information! BAWHAHAHA!!! :):):)
lost1

Post by lost1 »

I tried my new squat belt today!!!! 6 sets I think I may have got it right on the last 2. The balance is different and I used lighter weight tring to figure it out.I may try doing it slower next time. Im on week #4 of the blue print seems to be going well body weight fluxuating about 2lbs up and down,I did loose around 6lbs in the first week(famine) Im still trying to figure out the right combination of food to stay with the protien/fat/carb ratios seems Im always short on carbs and over on fat and protien.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Benton wrote:hmm that sounds good but you have to be careful about you back because as you write you recently have a surgery of that. Try to don't bend your back because it may not good for you.. I am glad to read that you are still fit and active. Good luck
Read the rules: No outside links!