Adaptogen N Scores Again: Boosts Interval Training Anabolism

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
RobRegish

Adaptogen N Scores Again: Boosts Interval Training Anabolism

Post by RobRegish »

CREDIT: ErgoLog
https://www.ergo-log.com/dhea-supplement ... olism.html

"They went on to study the effects of DHEA on eight young men in their early twenties and on eight men in their late forties. The men took 50 mg just before going to bed* and the next day at eight o'clock in the morning they did an interval training session. This consisted of five short sprints (2 minutes in length) in which the men cycled at 100 percent of their maximal oxygen uptake. The men took one-minute rests between sprints.

*AN just so happens to contain 25mg of DHEA per cap, as revealed by AskMass here recently.

Immediately before and after the interval training session the researchers analysed the men's blood. The researchers also repeated the experiment after the men had taken a placebo.

They saw that the interval training had no noticeable effect on the men's free testosterone level. But DHEA supplementation raised the testosterone level in all of the men.

CONCLUSIONS: ""More importantly, we provide convincing evidence that oral DHEA administration can rapidly raise the free testosterone levels of middle-aged men to levels comparable to that of young men, and this increase is well maintained after acute high-intensity interval training."

MY $0.02: It's interesting to note that it works in both young and old (well, middle aged LOL) and it takes but 50mg. That's great news, because it allows you to take just 2 caps of AN to get these kind of results! Throw in the fact you're getting a full GRAM of Bulgarian Trib and other goodies (most studies use 750mg/day), and you can see why AN can be a real bargain, especially if using a 5on/2day off cycle.
falfa

Post by falfa »

Interesting study. I guess the big question is if that rise in testosterone actually does make a difference for building muscle.

If you would like to extend feast and you live in a country where you can buy any AAS. Would you still go for DHEA? The goal I guess should be to have as low as possible cycle that puts on solid mass after the cycle is over and will not make it too hard to get your own production up to full speed. Also in the best worlds doesn't need PCT.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

falfa wrote:Interesting study. I guess the big question is if that rise in testosterone actually does make a difference for building muscle.

If you would like to extend feast and you live in a country where you can buy any AAS. Would you still go for DHEA? The goal I guess should be to have as low as possible cycle that puts on solid mass after the cycle is over and will not make it too hard to get your own production up to full speed. Also in the best worlds doesn't need PCT.
LOL, no there are much better AAS than DHEA for said purposes. Primo and/or Anavar come to mind, but I'm not an expert in this area. BP wasn't really meant to be run with AAS but rather, get you as close as possible to mimicking their results!
falfa

Post by falfa »

RobRegish wrote:
falfa wrote:Interesting study. I guess the big question is if that rise in testosterone actually does make a difference for building muscle.

LOL, no there are much better AAS than DHEA for said purposes. Primo and/or Anavar come to mind, but I'm not an expert in this area. BP wasn't really meant to be run with AAS but rather, get you as close as possible to mimicking their results!
Thanks for your reply.
I guess during the famine week your testosterone will be very low. The body will on feast overcompensate this for some weeks with elevated testosterone. During this time why would you want to take DHEA, that will lower your natural production?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

DHEA is just PART of the AN formula. It won't suppress your natural production, there's just enough there to serve as a substrate for your body to produce more naturally.

That's really the beauty of the formula IMO, no mega-doses that shut you down. Instead, it uses TT as an HPTA "driver" to convert DHEA to test, then Longjax to ensure more of the test is biologically active (not bound by SHBG).