Peaking Mandatory?

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
Dragon

Peaking Mandatory?

Post by Dragon »

Nearing the end of 10% solution. I'm just wondering if I should peak or continue.
I'm kind of developing some personal insight into the practicality of peaking since I'm not a power-lifter, and there is something that happens to me (laziness) when I peak a program. I might just finish the last workout during this pattern and carry the new numbers into another loading pattern without doing that 1RM day. Is this silly? Should I "show" my CNS the weight and then move on?
I'm wondering if I'm reverse engineering the program stupidly or if I'm on to something I've been needing for myself? I've been "bulking" on the periodic for nearly one and half years, I've gained 40 lbs, and I'm NOT fat but I'm growing tired, I feel worn out, and I'm tired of eating so damn much.

Time for cruise?
Any insights would be appreciated.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

First, congrats on your success! +40lbs of mostly LBM is nothing to sneeze at. And I'm assuming you've gained a truckload of strength in the process?!

If you've completed the last workout in a loading pattern (successfully, with a new 1RM), you've peaked. It's not necessary to take a new 1RM for the next loading pattern, only to rest for at least a week and base the NEW loading pattern, on your new 1RM from the previous loading pattern.

It does sound like time for a break. Your body/brain are giving you "signals" such as being tired of eating so much, feeling worn out etc.. Perfect time to transition to Cruise or explore other options.

What you want to ensure though is that you don't lose all the wonderful size/strength you've worked so hard to build. Cruise will ensure this, that's why it's there... :)

Hope that helps!