Best anti-anxiety supps?

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
tufluk

Best anti-anxiety supps?

Post by tufluk »

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone has any favorite anti-anxiety/emotion suppressing supps?

I like EBOL and would love to try tranquilogen but cant afford it right now as im running sythagen, would any one recommend picamilon on its own? any recommendations from experience with anxiety reducing supps would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!
sergio BD

Post by sergio BD »

at the moment I am running Phosphatidyl Serine (PS) and 5-HTP from NOW for anxiety and mild depression issues. The combo is working well.

I will soon get some TQ and see how irt works
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Tranquilogen will be worth the wait brother. In fact, I'd say if you're really suffering from anxiety, sell you MPS and order Tranquilogen. I'm dead serious brother. Lemme tell you why..

I suffer from anxiety/depression. The former more than the latter. It's horrible at times. They've prescribed all the usual Rx drugs. Don't even bother, unless you want all the life sucked out of you/enjoy feeling like a robot. New PR's send me over the moon, but I was hitting them on this stuff and - it meant nothing to me. No way to go through life, IMO.

Tranquilogen really takes the edge off, is HEALTHY for you and has muscle regeneration/performance enhancement benefits I'm probably under-selling. It's that good...
tufluk

Post by tufluk »

Thanks guys,
Defo want to try tranquilogen soon, will PN stock it for the UK?
FatBoySlimFast

Post by FatBoySlimFast »

tufluk wrote:Thanks guys,

If with PN you're referring to Predator Nutrition, then yes I believe they will be the supplier for the UK.

And I think Rob said that they will be receiving there stock sometime after the 5 August....
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

FatBoySlimFast wrote:
tufluk wrote:Thanks guys,

If with PN you're referring to Predator Nutrition, then yes I believe they will be the supplier for the UK.

And I think Rob said that they will be receiving there stock sometime after the 5 August....
For clarity-

As noted on the pre-sale listing, we are expecting inventory from the lab around August 5th. The day it arrives all reserve orders placed with MASS will begin to be billed and shipped, in order of receipt.

The allotment for Predator will ship from our hub the same day it arrives as well. With the shipping service they have us use, they typically receive inventory for offer 3-4 weeks after we've shipped to them.
cogrick2

Post by cogrick2 »

RobRegish wrote:Tranquilogen will be worth the wait brother. In fact, I'd say if you're really suffering from anxiety, sell you MPS and order Tranquilogen. I'm dead serious brother. Lemme tell you why..

I suffer from anxiety/depression. The former more than the latter...
I appreciate your honesty, Rob. I struggle with anxiety as well and am about to place my order for TQ.
thicketman

Post by thicketman »

I have dealt anxiety issues my entire life.

In addition to supplements you might consider phasing out caffeine. It takes will power, but if you make up your mind, you can do it.

Six weeks ago I dropped it cold turkey. My reason was that I was completely fatigued. Lots of hours/stress at work had taken a toll on me. I go through these phases fairly often where I'm at bed at 7pm even on weekends because my adrenals are so freakin' shot. I got encouraged by reading online articles about people who dropped caffeine and the positive things that came out of it (lack of mood swings, creativity, workout recovery, stamina, etc.).

Instantly, my sleep was better but my work days sucked. I felt like I was in a haze with a dull headache...but had little to no anxiety. Over the past six weeks, my fatigue has gotten better. Also, I discovered using apple cider vinegar for for energy. It's subtle but does a nice job of clearing up the remaining haze from cutting the caffeine (and the appetite suppression is awesome when fasting). I've only been using the apple cider vinegar for a week but I'm liking it so far.

Oh...and dropping the caffeine has had some unexpected benefits below the belt as well...enough so that my wife has even commented. This in itself has made dropping the caffeine worth it.

I used to drink two cups of coffee in the morning and one at noon. I never had any idea how much I relied on it until I stopped.

My tranquilogen is on order and I can't wait to see what added benefits it imparts.

All that being said, I believe that anxiety can be harmful and it can be good. What I mean is that it has been a hindrance at times and it has bee a great motivator at times. For me, there's a sweet spot where the anxiety exists but it's manageable. My goal is to be in that sweet spot the majority of the time.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Anxiety is in fact a TERRIBLE condition, but it CAN be controlled.

The chief culprits here are an imbalance of dopamine and serotonin. Stress negatively affects both, so let's take a look at TQ and how it addresses!

ONE NOTE: During the first few weeks on TQ, you may notice you require up to 25% LESS sleep – than you otherwise would. This is the high quality Rhodiola Rosea at work, balancing out dopamine and serotonin levels. The adaptogen is functioning as advertised, to say nothing of the 5-HTP/Picamilon. Hell, there's even research supporting Curcumin's ability to positively modulate dopamine and serotonin

J Psychopharmacol. 2012 Dec;26(12):1512-24.
Multiple antidepressant potential modes of action of curcumin: a review of its anti-inflammatory, monoaminergic, antioxidant, immune-modulating and neuroprotective effects.

Lopresti AL, Hood SD, Drummond PD.
School of Psychology, Murdoch University, Perth, WA, Australia. a.lopresti@murdoch.edu.au

Abstract

Curcumin is the principal curcuminoid of the popular Indian spice turmeric and has attracted increasing attention for the treatment of a range of conditions. Research into its potential as a treatment for depression is still in its infancy, although several potential antidepressant mechanisms of action have been identified.

Research completed to date on the multiple effects of curcumin is reviewed in this paper, with a specific emphasis on the biological systems that are compromised in depression. The antidepressant effects of curcumin in animal models of depression are summarised, and its influence on neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine is detailed. The effects of curcumin in moderating hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal disturbances, lowering inflammation and protecting against oxidative stress, mitochondrial damage, neuroprogression and intestinal hyperpermeability, all of which are compromised in major depressive disorder, are also summarised. With increasing interest in natural treatments for depression, and efforts to enhance current treatment outcomes, curcumin is presented as a promising novel, adjunctive or stand-alone natural antidepressant.

Rather intriguing, and illustrates the power of the Pure, Potent and Biologically active ingredients we use in TQ… :-)