training in cruise

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
saud1774

training in cruise

Post by saud1774 »

Thanks soo much for all the help guys! Im seeing results for sure and largely thanks to your help. I think I need to need to switch to cruise now but what should my training be? Obviously cardio... am on workout number 8 but I think I should back off the heavy weights for a time since Im feeling a little beat up and not improving my holds anymore. Can anyone clarify this for me??
wtmarcus

Post by wtmarcus »

For cruise I tend to hit a basic AB-split. with 3 workouts / week. Going with a 5x5 scheme and staying at 70-80% of my 1RM.

In practice I tend to do something like supersetting chins and squats, then hitting some barbell curls on day A, and for B I like some dips supersetted with front levers and then hitting some jammer presses.
saud1774

Post by saud1774 »

Ok thanks... I am now in my next bp run. I am at the first drop in calories. Is this where "cruise" begins? If so should I keep using the prescribed workouts? I am still making gains on my holds. Maybe I should which when that stops?

Please see 2.0 for more info. We use a very specific training switchup during Cruise, designed to retain your gains. It actually does you one better than this, as MANY have reported gains continuing!
saud1774

Post by saud1774 »

well i have both 2.0 and 3.0 but I get a little comfused trying to put all the peices together. Is this were the loading patterns come in? The first calorie downshift comes pretty quick in 3.0 and I am only on workout 5 from 3.0. So I am a little confussed why there are 12 workouts if we switch to some other cruise workout so soon. Also... rob says every routine eventually stops giving results. Is this true for 3.0 too? If so, how many runs before I should start experimenting with changes?
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

Er, following the book cruise is basically a 5x5 workout program for a few weeks. Then take a week off and redue famine/feast ect. The 12 workouts are for feast, not cruise if I remember correctly.

Loading programs are also for feast.