general questions

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
ezjax

general questions

Post by ezjax »

i bought the book, but i am not the smartest guy in the world. from what i get.

first how is it that you go from 1 set to failure to a 5x5 i thought it was 6 sets to failure?? thats confusing

you go catabolic for a week with those intense crazy workouts
you feast and do your loading
then you coast on a regular program like bill star or mad cow correct?

and you only take the ebol or kre anabolyn during the feast? or you take it during feast and coast? and does kre anabolyn have ecdysterone in it or do i need ebol as well??

also
i am on ebol i am on a keto diet with weekend refeeds. my program is 3x5 bench squat deadlift thats it 3 workouts per week 3 exercises

i am on e t and c bol. should i cut the ebol and then famine and then feast? would that be the right thing to do at this point? i have about a whole bottle of ebol left. and should i take the ebol during the coast phase?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Welcome... and I appreciate the opportunity to answer your question.

Given the volume of info to digest, I suggest a week off to prepare yoursel both mentally and physically for what's to come. During this time, it's beneficial to take your resting heart rate and get a "baseline" for Famine.

You've got the big picture down. Famine for 5 days, very few supps consumed here. Best to dis-continue Ebol/cbol creatine for now. And yes, Kre-Anabolyn has a very generous dose of RCE/full spectrum Ecdy in it. It may now be the highest per cap out there. Either product (Ebol/KA) will do you right!

During feast, you refeed with your adaptogen of choice (Ebol/KA) and start your loading/de-loading. cbol creatine, like products are best saved for cruise. You'll find cruise enjoyable as it's not as "intense" as Feat but gains are ongoing. And yes, we favor Bill Star's 5x5 for Cruise's purpose.

No worries on next steps. I've got you covered right here. We'll walk through it step by step, phase by phase. Best to brush up on Famine first.

From there, I'll write it all out for you if need be.. Great questions. You're asking all the right ones at this stage..
ezjax

Post by ezjax »

i know i need to take it step by step but i need to know if this program is right for my goals.

my goal is to maximize my power to weight ratio. how would i do that at a surplus?

i am currently 5'5 at 190. i am retaining water from creatine and glycogen from ebol which i guess i shouldnt be taking ebol on keto.

what i want to know is how i tailor this to not gain weight. i want to get down to like 160. i am currently between 12-14% body fat.

is this the wrong program for now? i also want to get faster... do these same principles apply for sprinting? or should i add sprinting to my loading?
Addy k

Post by Addy k »

Hey ezjax,

This program can be tailored for weight loss. A nice way to do this, as Rob has suggested, is to cycle calories. So on training days you have 100% (i.e., maintenance) calories and on non-training you could have 80%.

As for getting faster, engaging in exercises that recruit high amounts of fast twitch muscle fiber would be most beneficial. Examples include plyometrics, rotational and twisting exercises - Rob can probably give you more detailed advice. I'm sure you can incorporate this into BP.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Great advice Addy K.

And yes, caloric rotation is your strategy to increase power/weight ratio. Suggest 100% of calories on training days and 70% on non-training days. Doing so mitigates any down regulation in metablism seen with a fixed (lower) caloric intake.

Also, after your big barbell lifts in Feast do incorporate some speed movements using 55-60% of 1RM. On bench for example, utilize 6-8 sets of 3 reps, focusing on speed of execution. Likewise for squats but there only 2 reps.

Off days should see sprinting, box jumps, plyo drills and other "quick" movements to focus on explosiveness.

If you'd prefer to apply the loading patterns to a different lift, suggest the power clean as a substitute for the squat/deadlift.

It is a superb "quick lift" and will suit your goals well!
ezjax

Post by ezjax »

ok sounds good, can i do all 3 in the same workout during loading

bench squat and deadlift all on that 6 set pattern?

or am i reading that wrong and am only supposed to do that to increase 1 specific lift by 5%?

right now i look like this monday-squat 3x5 tuesday-bench 3x5 wednesday-deadlift 3x5

with this loading protocal i am supposed to squat and bench on the same day right? so can i add deadlift to that or save it for another workout?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Peaking all 3 lifts at the same time is a TALL order.

Suggest the bench and squat. You may train them together at the same workout or split them up. Your choice.

I would highly encourage you to incorporate the Romanian Deadlift on your squat days as a supplemental lift via EDT fashion. Example: after your big barbell lift perform the following EDT based PR ZONE:

Romanian Deadlift
Leg Sled

KEY POINTS:

- Alternate antagonistic muscle exercises in jump set fahion
- Staley's generally uses 15-20 minutes, (called a PR Zones).
- Generally, you perform two PR Zones per workout. I recommend only 1 here because these two exercises are so exhausting.
- Your target weight is one that you can do 10 clean reps with.
- You will begin with alternating sets of 5 or 6 reps.
- As you tire, you may reduce set reps to 4 then 2 and end with singles.
- Your goal is to do as many reps with good form as possible in the PR Zone.
- Do not work to, or near failure in the early sets.
- You may reach failure at the end as you try to beat your previous record.
- Once able to do 20% more reps than your prior workout, increase load 5% and begin again.

Hope that helps!