Decline bench press decline degrees?

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
Rob Whisonant

Decline bench press decline degrees?

Post by Rob Whisonant »

I have been looking at several benches to replace my current one that does not have a decline position.

Seems most are either a -10 degree or -17 degree decline.

What is the recommended decline degree for decline bench press?

Re's
Rob Whisonant
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

A 7 degree difference isnt going to matter much bud
Rob Whisonant

Post by Rob Whisonant »

DaCookie wrote:A 7 degree difference isnt going to matter much bud
I keep seeing 25 to 30 degrees on dedicated decline benches. That's why I was asking.

Seems you can only get 10 and 17 degree declines out of incline/decline utility benches.

I'm wondering if a 10 degree decline is enough to use for the blue print? Or if I really need to get a dedicated decline bench at 25 degrees or so?

Re's
Rob Whisonant
SEANONE

Post by SEANONE »

You want to check out the Super Bench by Ironmaster. This will be the last bench you buy. I have one and it is a beast as far as durability and it has really comfortable durable padding too... Better than ones at some gyms.
Rob Whisonant

Post by Rob Whisonant »

SEANONE wrote:You want to check out the Super Bench by Ironmaster. This will be the last bench you buy. I have one and it is a beast as far as durability and it has really comfortable durable padding too... Better than ones at some gyms.
How far does it decline? And how does it support your body from sliding down while in the decline position?

Looks really nice for incline and flat but can't find any information on decline.

Thanks!

Re's
Rob Whisonant
SEANONE

Post by SEANONE »

You can swing it up to where your almost hanging by the knees upside down. The same amount of adjustability for incline applys to decline. Plenty of flexibility, and the leg attachment that holds you in place secucurely is adjustable which helps in a squat rack for benching. You won't have to extend your arms/shoulders and compromise your form racking or un-racking. Really good piece and the only way to go IMO.