.82g/lb is the upper limit of protein that increases muscle

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
matter2003

.82g/lb is the upper limit of protein that increases muscle

Post by matter2003 »

Lots of varying opinions on protein intake etc...

According to science, when not on anabolics, the absolute upper limit of protein intake that shows any gain in muscle building potential is .82g/lb of body weight. In fact, this is what researchers call a 95% double confidence level, meaning they took the actual value at which they saw no further benfit and added 2 standard deviations to it just to be extra safe. The actual upper limit where no additional benefit was seen was .64g/lb.

In fact, the longer you have been training, the LESS protein you need. The body becomes very adept and not breaking down as much protein after working out, and coupled with the fact you are getting closer to your genetic limits, you will not add as much muscle as a beginner would either...both of these lead to the fact that less protein intake is needed, NOT more...this has been seen in numerous studies, some of which showed that .55g/lb was all that was needed in well trained people...

https://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-...-bodybuilders/

The exception is obviously when you are on anabolics, which overrides your natural limits and greatly increases your ability to utilize protein...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yeah, I've been saying TIMING and QUALITY is a lot more important than X grams per day for awhile.

But it's an old maxim that just won't die: "1g of protein per pound...". Just way too much IMO, especially for the un-enhanced.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

RobRegish wrote:Yeah, I've been saying TIMING and QUALITY is a lot more important than X grams per day for awhile.

But it's an old maxim that just won't die: "1g of protein per pound...". Just way too much IMO, especially for the un-enhanced.
I agree...also have seen studies using Aminogen that contains specialized enzymes that enhance protein bioavailability by breaking it down into easier to manage units by the body...meaning less protein would be needed
DaCookie

Re: .82g/lb is the upper limit of protein that increases mus

Post by DaCookie »

matter2003 wrote:Lots of varying opinions on protein intake etc...

According to science, when not on anabolics, the absolute upper limit of protein intake that shows any gain in muscle building potential is .82g/lb of body weight. In fact, this is what researchers call a 95% double confidence level, meaning they took the actual value at which they saw no further benfit and added 2 standard deviations to it just to be extra safe. The actual upper limit where no additional benefit was seen was .64g/lb.

In fact, the longer you have been training, the LESS protein you need. The body becomes very adept and not breaking down as much protein after working out, and coupled with the fact you are getting closer to your genetic limits, you will not add as much muscle as a beginner would either...both of these lead to the fact that less protein intake is needed, NOT more...this has been seen in numerous studies, some of which showed that .55g/lb was all that was needed in well trained people...

https://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-...-bodybuilders/

The exception is obviously when you are on anabolics, which overrides your natural limits and greatly increases your ability to utilize protein...
Who is to say it greatly does it? Like this 2g/lb nonsense. No one was ever doing this until protein powders were sold...arnold ate like 220g protein a day lol. Watch ronnie colemans all day eating videos. Hes like maybe bit over 1g/lb if not around there.

I know one enhanced guy that says 10g/lb is optimal for him. Yet contest shape he is like 200lb 6ft average american bone structure, his AAS usage is HIGH, his other drug usage is LOW in comparison.

Drugs raise the ceiling, they dont make you able to utilize much more just make what you do eat way more efficient IMO. You can only push the limit so high on certain pathways without pushing another pathway also.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

RobRegish wrote:Yeah, I've been saying TIMING and QUALITY is a lot more important than X grams per day for awhile.
Much like Rob, I've lowered the suggested TDP recommendations for the majority of folks I work closely with over the years as advancing research and direct feedback has indicated such.

I also know that high end NATURAL anabolics can and DO raise the ceiling, though. Not to the juice level, but a guy using Kre-Anabolyn and/or Adaptogen N to gain size is very well served to top off total daily protein as opposed to just hitting the minimum.

Synthagen has ProtoGenX aminos built in, of course, and for good reason.