Where to start?

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
Wilko

Where to start?

Post by Wilko »

Greetings all,

New to the forum here so apologies if I'm posting in the wrong section.

Just joined the blueptint army last week and have so far had a look through the bp 2.0 and 3.0 with all its extras.

I just a little overwhelmed on where to start if someone could point me in the right direction.

A little bit about me:

Training experince : 6 years high intensity cardio, endurance cardio and weightlifting.

Training wise I do cardio high intensity and endurance 3-4 x week and my weightlifting consists of strength and power work, powerlifting orinateted 3 x week and general conditioning 1-2 times a week. With 1-2 days complete rest.

My work capacity is very high, I can train twice a day, cardio and strength 5 days a week and make decent progress without overtraining.

My goals are increase strength while maintaing or improving cardio capabilities.

Current lifts are
Squat: 170kg
Bench: 125kg
Deadlit: 225kg

At 82kg BW

I realise I would probably make better processes ditching a bit of cardio however this is not a option as it is a nesesity of my job.

So my point being is where should I start?

Thanks in advance

[/code]
BrainSquirts

Post by BrainSquirts »

Wilko,

Welcome to the BP.

What do you want to create ? / what are your goals ?
Wilko

Post by Wilko »

Greetings brainsquirts

My goals are: body composition not fussed about want to preferbally stay around the same weight. Just over 82kg so I can compete at under 82kg for powerlifting.

Want to increase my squat to 200kg in the next 14 months, deadlift to 246kg and my bench to 145kg. All while maintaimg a good base of cardio.

Now supplements wise DHEA is a no go for me due to drug testing at work and comps.

I had a blood hormone panel taken a few months back and my test levels are only around 310 (low end of the normal scale) being only 25 this somewhat concerns me and imwould like to boost them right up without taking anything banned by the WADA.

What is your recommended reading training wise and supplement wise?

I'm tempted to run smolov along with Jr for bench nwhile following the 2.0 famine and feast protocol with extra weighted stretching to intialy boost my lifts thoughts?

Cheers
Coach Rob

Post by Coach Rob »

Greetings Wilco!

You have some fantastic stats and I REALLY appreciate the detailed write up you've given.

As for your goal, I see them more as a function of training selection vs. diet. The big bonus in your training background now is a high work capacity/VO2 max, allowing for a broad base of programming - especially for that squat.

My picks for your goals would be The Blueprint Periodic, found on page 60 of BP 2.0. It details 4 very savvy, distinct loading patterns we use to peak those lifts, and each has a VERY high degree of success. The "trick" in your case will be how to train/peak the DL and SQ simultaneously. That and training frequency.

I'll give you a few options to consider:

* A bench only day (including supplemental/accessory lifts)
* A squat/deadlift day (including supplemental/accessory lifts)

* A bench/upper body only day
* A squat day (hip belt/glute ham bridges where there's no vertical compression of the spine)
* A deadlift day

* The West-side conjugate system of one heavy day per week, rotated with a speed day.

Whichever option you choose, do ensure you're NOT over-training. Best monitored by taking your waking resting heart rate (finding it), then monitoring it to see if it creeps up to 8 beats per minute above baseline. If it does, you'll know you're over-training.

The real trick in your case is protecting that back. I can't recommend that hip belt enough, to take some of the vertical loading off. Nice carryover too to your regular squat, provided you get the depth right. If opting for West-side style speed work, box squatting is acceptable as you'll recover faster from it.

Not sure if you've tried our loading patterns yet, but starting with GLP 1 and applying it to the BP, SQ and DL would be ideal IMO. It'll allow you to see what we can do for you, and should take just under a month to get it done. Ideal world, after taking 1RM of German Loading Pattern 1:

Monday = Bench/Upper body day (chest, shoulders, tris)
Tues = Rest
Wed = Hip Belt or box squat, deadlift
Thurs = Rest
Friday = Bench/Upper Body day (chest, shoulders, tri's)
Sat = Rest
Sunday = Rest

So you'd start with a 1 on 1off schedule, quickly moving to a 1on/2off and staying there until going to a 1on/3 off. Should be 12 total workouts if performed in that fashion.

With respect to your test yes, that's low. However, probably not low enough to get an Rx. All is not lost. A great product here would be Kre-Anabolyn, which is chock full of full spectrum Rhaponticum Carthamoides Extract, Kre-Alkalyn creatine, L-dopa etc which will maximize your efforts.

As always, I'm just a call away brother: 860-753-0373

Always at your service!

PS - Those are some damn fine lifts, especially for your bodyweight!
Coach Rob

Post by Coach Rob »

Coach Rob wrote:Greetings Wilco!

You have some fantastic stats and I REALLY appreciate the detailed write up you've given.

As for your goal, I see them more as a function of training selection vs. diet. The big bonus in your training background now is a high work capacity/VO2 max, allowing for a broad base of programming - especially for that squat.

My picks for your goals would be The Blueprint Periodic, found on page 60 of BP 2.0. It details 4 very savvy, distinct loading patterns we use to peak those lifts, and each has a VERY high degree of success. The "trick" in your case will be how to train/peak the DL and SQ simultaneously. That and training frequency.

I'll give you a few options to consider:

* A bench only day (including supplemental/accessory lifts)
* A squat/deadlift day (including supplemental/accessory lifts)

* A bench/upper body only day
* A squat day (hip belt/glute ham bridges where there's no vertical compression of the spine)
* A deadlift day

* The West-side conjugate system of one heavy day per week, rotated with a speed day.

* Smolov I'm OK with, but Lord knows the volume would bury me, LOL

Whichever option you choose, do ensure you're NOT over-training. Best monitored by taking your waking resting heart rate (finding it), then monitoring it to see if it creeps up to 8 beats per minute above baseline. If it does, you'll know you're over-training.

The real trick in your case is protecting that back. I can't recommend that hip belt enough, to take some of the vertical loading off. Nice carryover too to your regular squat, provided you get the depth right. If opting for West-side style speed work, box squatting is acceptable as you'll recover faster from it.

Not sure if you've tried our loading patterns yet, but starting with GLP 1 and applying it to the BP, SQ and DL would be ideal IMO. It'll allow you to see what we can do for you, and should take just under a month to get it done. Ideal world, after taking 1RM of German Loading Pattern 1:

Monday = Bench/Upper body day (chest, shoulders, tris)
Tues = Rest
Wed = Hip Belt or box squat, deadlift
Thurs = Rest
Friday = Bench/Upper Body day (chest, shoulders, tri's)
Sat = Rest
Sunday = Rest

So you'd start with a 1 on 1off schedule, quickly moving to a 1on/2off and staying there until going to a 1on/3 off. Should be 12 total workouts if performed in that fashion.

With respect to your test yes, that's low. However, probably not low enough to get an Rx. All is not lost. A great product here would be Kre-Anabolyn, which is chock full of full spectrum Rhaponticum Carthamoides Extract, Kre-Alkalyn creatine, L-dopa etc which will maximize your efforts.

As always, I'm just a call away brother: 860-753-0373

Always at your service!

PS - Those are some damn fine lifts, especially for your bodyweight!
Wilko

Post by Wilko »

Thanks rob

Really apricate it, going to be starting on those hip belt squats ASAP and glp starting next monday. Looking forward to some big lifts in the near future.