Year round Creatine supplementation???

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Now this is the kind of stuff more people need to see/hear about!

Worth pointing out MASS was doing this (using the purest, best creatine you could get your hands on) 20 years ago - before it was cool. That's not a joke - this was PRIOR to people lab testing competitors (and their own!) products to ensure you were getting what you paid for.

Speaks volumes, and 20 years is quite the track record...
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

That was fun to see! On a side note, who does the design? Simple but sophisticated and sympathetic to the text copy not some terrible photo of a musclebound juice head.
I WAS a graphic designer for a 10 crew design firm right out of college. I'm always a bit skeptical of companies that spend tons of money on design... I don't know why LOL.
BrainSquirts

Kre-Alkalyn Supreme

Post by BrainSquirts »

Have been seeing articles over the last year or so about
1 the overall health benefits of creatine - brains, anti-aging, etc etc.
2 loading , with cycling etc etc.
3 lower dosing , more regular use etc etc.
... that raised questions -

AskMass, and others,
With Kre-Alkalyn Supreme, what is the threshold between a ‘regular usage’ dosage and a ‘loading’ dosage?
and
What dosage is over the "too much" threshold?
Hope I’m phrasing these questions correctly

thx
BrainSquirt
askmass
Site Admin

Re: Kre-Alkalyn Supreme

Post by askmass »

BrainSquirts wrote:Have been seeing articles over the last year or so about
1 the overall health benefits of creatine - brains, anti-aging, etc etc.
2 loading , with cycling etc etc.
3 lower dosing , more regular use etc etc.
... that raised questions -

AskMass, and others,
With Kre-Alkalyn Supreme, what is the threshold between a ‘regular usage’ dosage and a ‘loading’ dosage?
and
What dosage is over the "too much" threshold?
Hope I’m phrasing these questions correctly

thx
BrainSquirt

2-3 caps a day is the basic range, with a few bumping it up to four during really super high intensity phases.

On the other end, we know a good number of people who simply take one single cap a day, 365.

Unlike regular CM and other varieties, there really is no need to load Kre-Alkalyn Supreme, certainly no more than maybe a few days of four caps to start with, or after a long lay off.

It's assimilated so well that it doesn't take long for it to stake it's claim.

Nice to see this thread bumped by chance. I've got a soft spot for that old MASS ad. Myself and dear friend Mark Hazen designed it in the trailblazing days.

#OldSchoolRules
BrainSquirts

Post by BrainSquirts »

thx askmass.

So 4 + Kre-Alkalyn Supreme per day would be loading?

anyone have opinions on something like

Day 1: 4
Day 2: 4
Day 3: 3
Day 4: off (or 1 ? )
Day 5: off
Day 6: off
Day 7: off
??

thx
Coach Rob

Post by Coach Rob »

BrainSquirts wrote:thx askmass.

So 4 + Kre-Alkalyn Supreme per day would be loading?

anyone have opinions on something like

Day 1: 4
Day 2: 4
Day 3: 3
Day 4: off (or 1 ? )
Day 5: off
Day 6: off
Day 7: off
??

I'll run 4/day for a week, then scale back to 2/day for the remainder of my time "on" BS. Just easier to keep track of/apply. Alternatively, I've run just 2/day and by the end of the month I'm at the same place, just takes a little longer to get there!
thx
BrainSquirts

Post by BrainSquirts »

Rob, AM, et al,

Still :?: confused... I was developing this schedule off your earlier post in this thread (post #3) ...
Cycling your creatine may in fact be the best strategy in order to up-regulate its incorporation into muscle.

Traditional "loading" saturates the blood with creatine and creatine transporters can actually decline in the cell membrane. It takes time for these transporters to up-regulate again. They only return when low creatine concentrations occur outside the cell (1)

The typical maintenance dose (5 grams) has been shown to be ineffective at maintaining high creatine concentrations in muscle (2,3,4). Dosing creating in this fashion (loading/cutting back to a "maintenance" dose), muscle creatine concentrations all but disappear within 6 weeks (5).

(1) Guerrero-Ontivers, M.L. and Wallimann, T. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry. 184: 427-437, 1998.
(2) Volek et al. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise 31: 1147-1156, 1999..
(3) Cribb et al. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise 35: S400, A2239, 2003.
(4) Cribb et al. Presented at The Australian Association of Exercise and Sports Science Conference, April, 2004.
(5) Van Loon et al. Clinical Science 104:153–162. 2003

THE FIX

3 days of creatine loading*, rotated with 3 days of ZERO creatine

*15-20 grams/day depending upon bodyweight. Athletes 200lbs or heavier are advised to use the higher end of this scale (20 grams per day). Ideally 5 grams pre/post training with another 5-10 grams with your highest CARB based meals of the day.
re:
In that respect, it takes just 2 or 3 caps/day of Kre-Alkalyn to mirror my 15-20g of mono recommendations.
I am assuming KreA Supreme equivalent dosing builds the same levels of extra cellular creatine levels. Is that correct?

and

re:
creatine transporters can actually decline in the cell membrane. It takes time for these transporters to up-regulate again.

Do you know how much time it takes to 'down regulate'? ... and how much time it takes to re - 'up regulate'?

:?: :?:

Many thanks,

BS ( as in BrainSquirt :shock: and as in "Be Smart. Be Strong." AM :D ...and - yes unavoidably sometimes - as in bs :lol: )
Coach Rob

Post by Coach Rob »

Both approaches work I've found, it's just a matter of finding which one's right for you...

With respect to KAS, it's builds as much creatine into the muscle - just faster and more efficiently IMO. It really is an upgrade in every sense of the word.

On the down/up regulation... It takes about a month after you've been "off" to see a noticeable dropoff. It's a slow decline, not a fast one...
BrainSquirts

Post by BrainSquirts »

rob,
many thx... one 'last' question -

Is a 3 - 4 day break for sure a long enough break for the cells to get 'hungry' again? ie is that really long enough for " low creatine concentrations (to )occur outside the cell " and receptors to reappear?
Coach Rob

Post by Coach Rob »

BrainSquirts wrote:rob,
many thx... one 'last' question -

Is a 3 - 4 day break for sure a long enough break for the cells to get 'hungry' again? ie is that really long enough for " low creatine concentrations (to )occur outside the cell " and receptors to reappear?
Not nearly as much as a month, if that makes sense Brain. IDEA: Upon re-dosing, take it with a pinch of salt. Sodium is more important to creatine uptake than insulin!
BrainSquirts

Post by BrainSquirts »

Anyone got time to explain this ->
https://www.ergo-log.com/creatine-dissol ... -form.html
in relation to MASS Kre ?

many thanks,

thecreatineretard
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

The only take away I see is the possibility of gaining a slight improvement in uptake by allowing it to dissolve in water. But, I'm not of the mindset it would improve much if at all re Kre-Alkalyn as the test was with acid leaning creatine's.

One thing I'll let out about new arrivals coming with the site revision relaunch, since it is somewhat related to this, is that we will be offering bulk Kre-Alkalyn powder to the public for the first time ever.

We've long supplied a certain smoothie chain and some gym bars with big 1/2 kilo jugs and will be offering them to everyone by this time a month from now.