Famine Phase Diet - The quick and dirty guide

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
Zman42

Post by Zman42 »

RobRegish wrote:Yeah. If you must, consume only fiberous carbs like veggies. I know it's tough but it's a solid next step...

Sugar free jello in a pinch if you have a craving :)

PS. Did you lose anything over the past 2 weeks/feel better etc?
I actually did lose about 3 pounds, so it's encouraging. I'm afraid I probably gained it back in the last few days though... :oops:
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Zman42 wrote:
RobRegish wrote:Yeah. If you must, consume only fiberous carbs like veggies. I know it's tough but it's a solid next step...

Sugar free jello in a pinch if you have a craving :)

PS. Did you lose anything over the past 2 weeks/feel better etc?
I actually did lose about 3 pounds, so it's encouraging. I'm afraid I probably gained it back in the last few days though... :oops:
Hey that's great. Keep it going another couple of weeks and we'll see where we're at.
Zman42

Post by Zman42 »

Just an update. It's warmed up a bit here (finally) so I'll be starting this up again now that I can bike to work.

Started today with homemade sammiches and fruit cups (mainly pear and mandarin orange). We'll see about evening, but I do have some skinless chicken breast that should go well on a salad.

Any dressing recommendations that keep the carbs down?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Hi Z..

Glad to hear from you again. I like either blue cheese or straight oil and vigegar. Ranch too. All are good to keep the carbs down but some brands differ. Label check should do it but these 3 work well for me...
Zman42

Post by Zman42 »

RobRegish wrote:Hi Z..

Glad to hear from you again. I like either blue cheese or straight oil and vigegar. Ranch too. All are good to keep the carbs down but some brands differ. Label check should do it but these 3 work well for me...
Ranch is probably my third favorite dressing behind 1000 Island (obviously out of the question), and Russian. The Ranch goes very well with the chicken on the salad so all is good. :)
funkymonk

Post by funkymonk »

So...per your original post, how is that even close to 8*BW?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

It's a suggestion to make the base diet easier and should not be contrued as the "entire" diet.

I should clarify in that post and will later (runnin late this AM). Fruits and veggies can be difficult to prepare/travel with vs. most foods and thus, my suggestion.