Gamma GH/GABA

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
RobRegish

Gamma GH/GABA

Post by RobRegish »

One element of The BluePrint that's important is rest/sleep. Everyone knows how important this is, particularly in the Feast Phase when protein synthesis is radically elevated. The Blueprint focuses on manipulating the Big 3 in controlling your physiology, and they are as follows:

1.) Training
2.) Diet
3.) Rest

The question is, can "rest" be positively modulated by a supplement? Yes, it can. In particular I'm talking about Gamma GH.

In general, I don't recommend isolated aminos in The Blueprint with a couple of exceptions, GABA being one of them. If your sleep is suffering, try the following trick just prior to bedtime on an empty stomach: 5 grams of Gamma GH 30 minutes before retiring.

In an impressive study conducted by Italy's First Medical Clinic, University of Milan, 5 gram oral doses were shown to increase Human Growth Hormone (HGH) by 550% within 90 minutes. These positive findings have been repeated in numerous other studies so it was no fluke. This is one of the very few aminos that you can feel within minutes of taking it. A "tingling" sensation is present and deep relaxation follows. As an economical, simple strategy it's worth exploring and has secondary benefits well beyond the hormone release. The empty stomach condition is key though, as GABA cannot cross the blood-brain barrier in the presence of other aminos and it's effects will be washed out. I recommend consuming a minimum of 2 hours away from food. In fact, I take my GABA when I wake up in the middle of the night, far away from food.

Further reading: https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/prohormone.html
jiroband

Post by jiroband »

I began taking Gamma GH a few days ago; however, by the time I get home from the gym, shower, and eat -- it's time for bed. I don't have the luxury of time to wait 2 hours before I take it and then go to bed. I take it sublingually, as the directions state, but is this effective enough, or am I just wasting it?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

jiroband wrote:I began taking Gamma GH a few days ago; however, by the time I get home from the gym, shower, and eat -- it's time for bed. I don't have the luxury of time to wait 2 hours before I take it and then go to bed. I take it sublingually, as the directions state, but is this effective enough, or am I just wasting it?
You can use it sublingually. However, that still doesn't completely avoid the problem of having other competing amino acids in circulation.

I usually wake up in the middle of the night and down 5grams (don't start with this dose). Helps in getting back to deep, REM sleep.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Do you feel the tingle, jiroband?

That is the key signal, in more ways than one.

As Rob stated, amino's naturally seek to "pool" together.

In a situation like yours, on workout nights I'd probably opt for only a Mass Pro whey shake (fast assimilation verses a meal) right at the end of the workout and then take the Gamma GH sublingually a minute before bed.

As long as you have about an hour following the whey, in that scenario you should be OK.

Rob's middle of the night suggestion is great too, but it would never work for me personally. I'm typically on a tight 6 hours per night sleep allotment and I need those uninterrupted.

I know a few folks who even use Gamma GH in their night time bath and say it absorbs fine that way and also gives the skin a silky finish.

I've tried it, but did not feel it absorbed as well as orally myself. I did get a touch of the tingle, though, and they are right about the silky skin.
jiroband

Post by jiroband »

No, Askmass, I have not yet felt any tingle on the 5 gram dose. In addition, the first night I took it, I DID NOT FALL ASLEEP AT ALL -- tossed and turned all night while watching the clock! Since then, I've slept, but not as well as I usually do without it. Since this does not seem to make me tired (actually, it seems to cause insomnia for me), can I take it first thing in the morning? If so -- for best results -- how long should I wait before I eat after taking it?
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

jiroband wrote:No, Askmass, I have not yet felt any tingle on the 5 gram dose. In addition, the first night I took it, I DID NOT FALL ASLEEP AT ALL -- tossed and turned all night while watching the clock! Since then, I've slept, but not as well as I usually do without it. Since this does not seem to make me tired (actually, it seems to cause insomnia for me), can I take it first thing in the morning? If so -- for best results -- how long should I wait before I eat after taking it?

Hi jiroband,

It isn't crossing the blood/brain barrier, and instead is teaming up with other circulating aminos.

If it crosses, you'll feel the tingle on your nerve endings. It's like a milder niacin flush without the heat.

It also has a calming effect... not a "knock out" sedative, but more of an "ease into sleep" one. It's used/recommended as a natural remedy for insomnia, in fact.

I would NOT recommend it be taken in a dose exceeding 1 gram during waking hours. I have a good friend, an MD at that, who uses 1 gram doses a few times during the day to help stay cool and collected. He's got a very high pressure job and swears by it. But, too much and you'll feel tired, less alert, and want to nap.

Another friend uses the same 1 gram dose before public speaking.

It's good to combat alcohol withdrawl and dozens of other things... anyway, I'm getting off topic.

For the full effect we're looking for as body builders, you want to work up to a 4-5 gram dose and get the tingle. That's the proof you've hit the sweet spot, plain and simple.

It's a great item, Gamma GH, but compliance is a hassle for some due to the absolute requirement of an empty stomach.

Some creative (re)scheduling is likely in order for you, as Rob and I suggested above.