Nitro AKG

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
BrainSquirt

Nitro AKG

Post by BrainSquirt »

askmass, For taking early morning, empty stomach Nitro AKG and Kre-Alkalyn is it ok to take them at the same time or should they be spaced? If separated, by how many minutes and which order? Thx.
RobRegish

Re: Nitro AKG

Post by RobRegish »

BrainSquirt wrote:askmass, For taking early morning, empty stomach Nitro AKG and Kre-Alkalyn is it ok to take them at the same time or should they be spaced? If separated, by how many minutes and which order? Thx.
Hi BrainSquirt,

Welcome... I'll let askmass answer this on a more formal basis but here's my $0.02 as I've taken both of these a number of ways: Consume the Nitro AKG first and the Kre-Alkalyn 30-45 minutes later.

Nitro AKG is arginine alpha ketoglutarate, which can positively modulate insulin and nitric oxide release. Both are beneficial to creatine uptake. If memory serves, Nitro AKG is time-released so it likely takes a bit longer for effects to ramp up vs. straight arginine powder. The upside is, it lasts a lot longer and assists in getting nutrients where we want them to go.

This is just me, but I like Kre-Anabolyn for this purpose. In addition to the Kre-Alkalyn being present, I find 4-hydroxy-L-isoleucine to be a better modulator of insulin than AKG. You also get the glucose disposal properties of ecdysterone, which are considerable. Your mileage may differ. All the best in your training...
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Hi Brain,

Rob's advice is very good, but for straight Kre-Alkalyn Creatine (Kre-Anabolyn is another realm) there is no real need to be "spot specific" in taking it. Think of creatine as muscle "fuel" that you are burning... The key is in topping off the tank daily - most of all - NOT any specific pre-workout placement.

What you'll "burn" via today's muscle work is what you "topped off" with yesterday and the day before.

The long and short is that you should push any other food or supplement up to two hours away from the Nitro AKG dosage. Besides, you can take Kre-Alkalyn with food, or a protein shake, or on an empty stomach separately, all to the same positive effect.

The rule of thumb on an isolated amino, such as Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate in Nitro AKG, or GABA in Gamma GH, is to have an empty stomach for an hour prior and an hour and a half after.

Nitro AKG does have a time release mechanism as Rob mentioned, but the "burst" of uptake runs for about an hour after ingestion with the resulting/residual effect spanning out over 8 hours or more.

The empty stomach is key for the initial burst of uptake and the pH is set precisely for that stage.

Rob makes a strong case for 4-Hydrox and he understands exactly why it's in Kre-Anabolyn... however, Nitro AKG is a multi-faceted gem all it's own, best seen in a different light. While the insulin effect is well established, it is not the primary mode of action.

I've been very interested in knowing how someone using Nitro AKG and a workout styled for it combined with The Blueprint will get on. I think the potential is outstanding for an extremely dense and hard physique.

Please keep us updated, Brain.
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

Nitro -AKG is one of the cyclable nutrients ( ie don't take more than x weeks in a row. ). In a BluePrint orientation, which phases would one cycle it and which phases not? Thanks.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Hi Brain,

Nitro AKG is perfect for using durin the Feast Phase. It's advisable to NOT use it during the Famine and I'd say it's optional during the maintenance phase. May assist in building the blood supply during that phase, now that I think about it.

For performance benefits though, great to use during the Feast, particularly if using a total tonnage strategy.
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

Hm... I was thinking of loading it up during Maintenence Phases almost exclusively . None in Famine, lightly in Feast. Anything to contraindicate that? Thanks.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

BrainSquirt wrote:Hm... I was thinking of loading it up during Maintenence Phases almost exclusively . None in Famine, lightly in Feast. Anything to contraindicate that? Thanks.
I think you're spot on with "none in the famine" take on it. Use in the feast phase makes a lot of sense, as I noted earlier. When I originally tried the product, I noted a definate increase in ability to handle greater workloads/total tonnage. In fact, I think I mentioned it in one of my reports back to MASS. It was very evident when I consulted the logbook. I don't use it for the pump per se, but I certainly noticed that (even when raking leaves at the time..)

I do think it will benefit you in the maintenance phase. Reason being, it improves bloodflow and as I note in The Blueprint, a greater blood supply to feed/support the new tissue created in the Feast is essential. It would also not modulate dopamine/testosterone/protein metabolism as KA/Adaptogen N would. This is ideal as the maintenance phase is designed to solidify a new norm for the body, not create a whole new one.

I am doing a deeper dive into Adaptogen N as we speak and should have some interesting new findings on that product at a future date. Please keep us posted on how the Nitro AKG is working out for you!