Arachadonic Acid - Fails in Baylor University Study

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
RobRegish

Arachadonic Acid - Fails in Baylor University Study

Post by RobRegish »

In the "what not to use" part of The Blueprint where I discuss supplements, I caution against experimenting with Arachadonic Acid (known as "X-factor" and sold as part of some other formulas such as "Halodrol liqui-gels"). It appears my opinion has been validated by at least one University study:

If you read the full paper, you'll find this conclusion:

Conclusions

"AA supplementation during resistance-training may enhance anaerobic capacity and lessen the inflammatory response to training. However, AA supplementation did not promote statistically greater gains in strength, muscle mass, or influence markers of muscle hypertrophy."

There are two versions though, of the results. One appears on the manufacturer's web site, and highlights the preliminary poster abstracts and the smidgeon of positive results noted during the study. There was a marginal increase in peak power for the Wingate anaerobic capacity test, along with a decrease in one inflammatory marker, interleukin-6. Also, there were no adverse side effects.

The manufacturer and man behind the funding for the study is FAR from a scammer though. As I note in The Blueprint, it was an excellent theory brought to the table, he funded the study himself and I suppose there may be some, marginal benefits noted by a small number of users. In terms of laying out your hard earned money though.... it doesn't make the "Blueprint approved" list.