DaCookie is turning into the Cookie Monster-2nd run, 1st log

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Good man..

A chest supported row would be something like a one arm dumbell row or tbar row. The objective here is to "brace" the upper body so as to take the stress off of the lower back. You still end up working those lats pretty hard but avoid any injury that might come about as a result of cumulative fatigue..

My apologies on the DL answer. I should have been more clear..

And GREAT work on the diet. This is numero uno for us hardgainers and you're putting the work in with the knife and fork. It's been said this is the biggest battle, and I tend to agree :)
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

RobRegish wrote:And GREAT work on the diet. This is numero uno for us hardgainers and you're putting the work in with the knife and fork. It's been said this is the biggest battle, and I tend to agree :)
Ditto on that from me.

Keep up the great work, Cookie!
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Its the easy part for me, I love my meats.

Thanks mass and Rob.Will enjoy my workout today, I feel pretty good.Doms in my back are almost gone.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Bleh, did bench press just now with no spotter and failed on 11th rep, kinda affected my moral.Im pretty sure I only failed the 57.5kgs cause I was on my adatogen N 2 days off and the mental affect of having a spotter if anything goes wrong.Wasnt nice struggling to get that weight away from me.Im pretty sure I could have done it with a spotter.

I think im not gonna work out today and try again tomorrow and try it again but with a spotter.I didnt do any other excercises.

I physically could have done the weight I reckon...just that at the 11th rep at the bottem I remembered I had no spotter and stalled and got to that stuck point on the bench, losing momentum.

I didnt want to half ass the rest of my excercises with poor motivation, thats why im leaving it to tomorrow.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

"just that at the 11th rep at the bottem I remembered I had no spotter and stalled and got to that stuck point on the bench, losing momentum"

Yeah that was definately in your head then. No worries... 11 reps is actually beyond the rep range, right?

Keep up the good work man. I know you're going to have a good run Cookie. I gave up on spotters a long time ago. You can only depend upon you. Now I bench inside a power rack with the pins set just right.... nirvana!
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Nah the rep range is 12, but I wasnt even tired!If I just kept focused I would have made it through I think.You think my plan to give another go tomorrow is a good one?Ill be back on the adaptogen N.
SudburyBaller

Post by SudburyBaller »

I think you can bang it out. Oo Rah!!!!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yes, good planning man.... all around!
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Maxes all around...beast

Bench 57.5kg(new max)
Squat 65kg (new max)
Deadlift 20 reps 70kg, 15 reps 72.5, 10 reps 77.5kg(new max, only barely made it, didnt think I would after the first set)
Pullover 16kg(new max)
1 arm db row 15kg
Abs

Diet been not great past few days, last two days were around 25% carbs and today was like 45% carbs.Gonna get that down the next few days to like 5%.

Took some super big rests between sets, some even 10mins...

Notes: Thanks dad for spotting me the completly wrong way when I was squatting lol.Tried to explain him how to spot me for squat, especially on last 3 reps or so and what he did instead was push/rest his arms on either side of the bar as I was coming up for them last 3 reps.

My back is lookin pretty big.Scales still havent moved.Still 11.5stone.I think I will put on a bit after that weights session though...did really well
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

WOW!

Three new PR's on the Bench, Squat and Deadlift? That's insane!! GREAT WORK Cookieman!

You're tying it all together, the training.. the rest...the supps. This is fantastic. And you've overcome adversity now more than once to make this happen.

Guts, I say..
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Todays morning weigh in 163.5lbs, scales did move a lot, nice.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

That's awesome work, Cookie!
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Thanks guys.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Great work man. GREAT work!