Mixelflick's Analysis of Australia's Import/Customs Issues

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
hally83

Mixelflick's Analysis of Australia's Import/Customs Issues

Post by hally83 »

Hi guys well Rob and I have been discussing the list of what substances can and cant be imported into Australia. I've managed to source the customs list of banned substances for import.

Rob will post them all up aswell as the link and include his thoughts on the subject. Hopefully this can be a source for all Aussie BP lovers :D
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Ah yes, let's take a look at things for our fellow BP Brothers in AUSSIE land..

I just reviewed the current import list (they do change so be advised of that little wrinkle) A-Z for our BP folk down under.

THE CONCERN: Can Kre-Anabolyn be imported in AUS?

Let's look at what the ONE ingredient I feel MAY be problematic given the import list I reviewsd:

PROBLEM

Substance Name: Ecdysone

Synonym/Description: (20S, 22R)-2beta,3beta,14,22,25-pentahydroxy-5beta-cholest-7-en-6-one

Classification: Anabolic/ Androgenic !!!

Import Permit Required Yes
Import Licence Required No
Export Licence and Permit Required No

ANALYSIS

Fortunately for you, MASS only refers to ecdysone (another name for ecdysterone) as "ActiveECDY". A brilliant move as customs likely won't have the knowledge that ECDY = Ecdysone, nor any of the listed chemical nomenclature.

Keep in mind there just may be an Ecdysterone afficianado working at customs. He likely doesn't have OCD for the stuff like I do but it's possible, I suppose.

SOLUTION

Kre-Anabolyn from MASS!

None of the other ingredient's are on the banned list that I looked at.

FINAL NOTE: Adaptogen N IS "banned" in AUS givin it includes DHEA. What a shame for you guys. You're missing out.. :)
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

Canada sometimes customs takes issue with DHEA too... hopefully it will soon become known as activeDH :)
PowderMonkey

Post by PowderMonkey »

Is kre anabolyn better than thermolife's ebol? I have seen ebol everywhere over here.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

PowderMonkey wrote:Is kre anabolyn better than thermolife's ebol ecdy? I have seen ebol ecdy everywhere over here.
BOTH are quality products. BOTH are from quality companies and BOTH have strong track records within the context of The BP.

It is a cuious observation that when looked at in my recent meta-analysis, the gains are almost equal givin similar loading patterns, diets etc.

However, the formulas differ significantly. While E-bol's formulation lis slanted to adaptogen/protein synthesis, KA is formula lends itself to greater substrate storage.

My advice: Try BOTH of them to see which works best for YOU!!!

Q. When you say "over here" are you referring to this board or AUS?

If you meant AUS, I'd be surprised given Ebol's label gives a lot more away to customs than KA.

If you meant this board well, that just speaks to MASS. They don't "ban" mention of anyone's competing products here. Now I don't think AskMass is going to go for Ebol banners and such, but both MASS and I want YOU to get the absolute most out of your given supps + The Blueprint!

Hope that helps....
PowderMonkey

Post by PowderMonkey »

"over here" being australia.
i live in sydney and have seen thermolife's ebol in gnc, other large supplement chain stores, and several small supplement stores and even one or two chemists.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

PowderMonkey wrote:"over here" being australia.
i live in sydney and have seen thermolife's ebol ecdy in gnc, other large supplement chain stores, and several small supplement stores and even one or two chemists.
Wow. Well, good for you then. They either don't follow their own rules or I was looking at an older list.

Either way, sounds like you Aussie BP Brother's have BOTH at your disposal. My recommmendation:

Try BOTH to see which one works best for YOU!!
hally83

Post by hally83 »

Powder monkey, is that true?? Sweet then i have nothing to worry about?...Good to see another Sydneysider - im also from Sydney :D

Rob does ebol ecdy have any less ecdy in it to warrant clearance through customs?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

hally83 wrote:Powder monkey, is that true?? Sweet then i have nothing to worry about?...Good to see another Sydneysider - im also from Sydney :D

Rob does ebol ecdy ecdy have any less ecdy in it to warrant clearance through customs?
No, in fact it's quite clear under the RCE panel: Rhaponticum Carthamoides Extract Standardized For 95% Ecdysterone. 95% of anything should be obvious no?

I just checked the ingredient panel and here's what I found:

"Ecdysterone" is mentioned twice.

It appears once under Turkesabol and again under the EcdyPure. I'm not quite sure what to make of it. Either customs
1.) Doesn't care
2.) We're not looking at a current import list
3.) They're somehow overwhelmed reading the ingredient panel or
4.) Can't read.

My guess? Like either #2 or 3. I'd say #3...
PowderMonkey

Post by PowderMonkey »

Hally, cheapest I've seen for thermolife is at supplementempire . com . au
I haven't looked into importing it, so I don't know how well this would compare to what we could buy it for from overseas. To me, though, it's worth paying a little extra so as to not have to deal with customs and then wait (and wait. And wait. And wait) for it.

Rob, it could also be that thermolife has an import permit ;)
Aussie customs are pretty thorough and can be a royal pain to deal with.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

PowderMonkey wrote:Hally, cheapest I've seen for thermolife is at supplementempire . com . au
I haven't looked into importing it, so I don't know how well this would compare to what we could buy it for from overseas. To me, though, it's worth paying a little extra so as to not have to deal with customs and then wait (and wait. And wait. And wait) for it.

Rob, it could also be that thermolife has an import permit ;)
Aussie customs are pretty thorough and can be a royal pain to deal with.
Ah.... there we go. Very good detective work!!
Robo70

Post by Robo70 »

New member here in Melbourne Aust.. thanks this saved some pain !
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Some new information on this front: Ebol is apparently NOT getting into AUS, which is a change from what was previously reported.

If anyone is in AUS and needs a contact that MIGHT have some in stock over there, please PM me....