Chains?

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
SEANONE

Chains?

Post by SEANONE »

Has anyone here used chains for bench press during their bp run at all. I just finished my 2nd workout in cruise and i definatly noticed a drop in my speed on bench. Just feels as if things are moving slow. Me and the wife like to use them every few months before we got hooked up on the blueprint.
Big.jazayrli

Re: Chains?

Post by Big.jazayrli »

SEANONE wrote:Has anyone here used chains for bench press during their bp run at all. I just finished my 2nd workout in cruise and i definatly noticed a drop in my speed on bench. Just feels as if things are moving slow. Me and the wife like to use them every few months before we got hooked up on the blueprint.
nothing wrong with incorporating them if you have a dynamic effort day

or They'd probably fit perfectly into an EDT block on a second chest day during the week
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Chains are fun and manly but I prefer bands. Easier to haul around and will tear you up.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Believe overall bands are favored nowadays, even by the guys at Westside. Chains are fun too, but bands are even better IMO. In the gym, in the bedroom - everywhere.

Use your imagination on the latter one. God how I wish we had more BP Ladies for this discussion :)
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

RobRegish wrote:Believe overall bands are favored nowadays, even by the guys at Westside. Chains are fun too, but bands are even better IMO. In the gym, in the bedroom - everywhere.

Use your imagination on the latter one. God how I wish we had more BP Ladies for this discussion :)
Some recommendations on use of a band for Bench would be awesome.. I tried to figure it out the other day but just couldn't piece it together

also in for bedroom tips
SEANONE

Post by SEANONE »

I have never touched a band so I cant knock them. When I used to go to the gym, one of the guys I lifted with had just purchased some but then I hurt my shoulder (not lifting-fell down) and had surgery. I was thinking about using them chains for close grip bench edt's on my second run of bp. That should smoke them tri's.
Wife said no comment. Sorry fella's :lol:
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

I use the resistance bands with handles. I run it underneath the frame of our benches then hook the handles outside the weight on the bar. A few snaps of the band underneath the bench to make sure it's even. GO Now our new power racks have pegs for this on bench and squat. I've "looped" the ends with dumbbells... If you have the rubber band style same, use your imagination. I've gone up to three weeks using bands on bench, squat, shoulder press, and curls. Like bedroom stuff, your get bored you get creative :D
Be careful, with soft skin...too much movement within the band can rub skin around wrists and ankles, almost like a red burn... :x
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Big.jazayrli wrote:
RobRegish wrote:Believe overall bands are favored nowadays, even by the guys at Westside. Chains are fun too, but bands are even better IMO. In the gym, in the bedroom - everywhere.

Some recommendations on use of a band for Bench would be awesome.. I tried to figure it out the other day but just couldn't piece it together

also in for bedroom tips
Remind me tonight: And BOY do I have tips for you that'll blow your mind. In both arena's, BTW :)