Casein Protein

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
JML2011

Casein Protein

Post by JML2011 »

Anyone take this in the evenings before bed?

Thought it might be a good incorporation to the BP to help with getting that extra tough mass for hardgainers like me :)
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Used to, now just some Low-Fat Cottage Cheese. You may not need low fat for a hardgainer. Briefly went through the archives here and found a couple posts for you. I know the archives are getting larger by the week but I'd suggest to everyone just to browse back through them for reference reasons. Especially in Rob's absence, if you have a question chances are that someone (Rob or John) has already answered it.
Good Luck :D
https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... .php?t=555
https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... .php?t=442
vangkm007

Post by vangkm007 »

I do 1/2 cup full fat cottage cheese + 1 container Greek yogurt + 1 scoop casein w/water. I think it's a good idea of almost anyone, not just hardgainers.
tufluk

Post by tufluk »

Yeh I take this before bed.
it forms a gel in the stomach and realises protein/AAs over a 6/8 hr period.
:D
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

You know, Cottage cheese IS essentially CASEIN! Do you know WHY it is called CASEIN? Because it was found by germans in CHEESE, and CHEESE in german is KASE! SO, little miss muffet ate her CURDS and WHEY, and today you could call them cottage cheese(aka CASEIN), and WHEY.

Of course, casein is simply the type of most of the protein, so cottage cheese has more to it but, well.... you know!

Steve
JML2011

Post by JML2011 »

Thanks a lot steve :)

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that spider when I fix up my frozen fruit protein shakes at night 8)
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

JML2011 wrote:Thanks a lot steve :)

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that spider when I fix up my frozen fruit protein shakes at night 8)
Yeah, sometimes it is weird what associations I make. When I first heard that, like most kids, I thought "curds and whey"? But if you make milk just a little more acidic, the casein congeals, and makes the curds. The whey doesn't react the same way. Anyway, they use the curds to make cheese.

Steve
doolee

Post by doolee »

Just an interesting idea to toss around. Layne Norton has recently released a study that indicates casein may not be the OPTIMAL source of protein even prior to bed. Though impractical for some, taking a whey/egg/meat source before bed and waking up midpoint of sleep for another source of protein may prove superior. I personally wake up for water at least once during the night, and can put down a quick whey shake.

Not sure if this is significant enough to change one's diet around, but it definitely helps me sneak in another meal of protein. And I'm all for the extra macros!