Static Holds?

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
maxzach

Static Holds?

Post by maxzach »

What is a static hold when you are benching? how do you perform this?
Street-dreams

Post by Street-dreams »

hold the bar at lockout..just hold it until you get tired.. your arms and chest will start to shake..
RobRegish

Re: Static Holds?

Post by RobRegish »

maxzach wrote:What is a static hold when you are benching? how do you perform this?
Help is here... :)

Top Range Rack Pull with Static Hold - Big Jaz shows us how its done! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NOpBDbFMm8

STATIC HOLDS: NEED MORE HELP? HELP IS HERE....

Link to article plus tutorial as to how best to sprinkle these gems into your workout, including the 3 very best movements to try!!!

https://www.precisiontraining.com/an-int ... on-kindle/

1.) Decline BB Bench Press... why?

MAXIMUM OVERLOAD: THAT'S WHY!!!

2.) Leg Press - See reason #1 for why

3.) Top Range Rack Pull

Big.Jazalyri (Hani) already showed us how..

FINAL WORD: STATIC CONTRACTION TRAINING

Pete Sisco is a great guy and his books, DVD's etc are a solid investment in your ongoing training eduction. Well worth your dollar folks...
Justin

Post by Justin »

hmm I always thought the static hold was meant to be at mid motion :s oops good thing I saw this b4 friday when I start y custom 3.0 haaha
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Justin wrote:hmm I always thought the static hold was meant to be at mid motion :s oops good thing I saw this b4 friday when I start y custom 3.0 haaha
Actually, I'll do you one better... than even this movement!!!

Decline BB bench press with top range static hold. REASON: The amount of weight you can use, overload and thus.... muscle growth stimulated and ultimately manifests is that much greater!!!
Justin

Post by Justin »

hmmm so if I understand correctly... its you put the bar at lockout position and hold for 10-15 seconds ?
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Yes but 5-15secs
JML2011

Post by JML2011 »

Justin,

The static holds are done fully extended because you are using a much heavier weight than you are used to... ie, above your max.

If you did it not fully extended, you wouldnt be able to hold it, it would just slowly go down (like a negative) and you would need help getting it up.

The static hold taxes all kinds of little muscles and fibers and whatnot so that they actually build and get stronger.

This allows them to get stronger and more used to the heavier weight, so that when you are doing Bench, or pulls, or whatever exercise, that you will be more comfortable with the weight and not be like DAMN! THIS IS HEAVY!

Hope that helps!
Justin

Post by Justin »

Thanks guys that makes complete sense
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

DaCookie wrote:Yes but 5-15secs
Daniel, at least one of The 3Faces of Fear(tm) is a fan of the 5 second mark now. That would be "Mixelflick". Neither Rob or his "Corporate America" alter-ego, has ever set foot in a gym.

Rob tipped Mixelflick off to this after he discussed with Pete Sisco. Pete runs this absolutely fantastic site, furthering his Static Contraction training theories:

https://www.precisiontraining.com/

3Faces of Fear(tm) wanted you, to know that... :) :) :)
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

RobRegish wrote:
DaCookie wrote:Yes but 5-15secs
Daniel, at least one of The 3Faces of Fear(tm) is a fan of the 5 second mark now. That would be "Mixelflick". Neither Rob or his "Corporate America" alter-ego, has ever set foot in a gym.

Rob tipped Mixelflick off to this after he discussed with Pete Sisco. Pete runs this absolutely fantastic site, furthering his Static Contraction training theories:

https://www.precisiontraining.com/

3Faces of Fear(tm) wanted you, to know that... :) :) :)
Aight cheers ill try that but only if I have a spot
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Agreed, if you can hold it longer than 5 seconds you didn't use enough weight. I'm usually a fraction under lockout, watch those elbows and knees...
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

dracotdrgn wrote:Agreed, if you can hold it longer than 5 seconds you didn't use enough weight. I'm usually a fraction under lockout, watch those elbows and knees...
Watch your back too, I have the tendency to lean forward when i drop the weight back on the rack...this is a poor practice **advise against**
y0lked

Post by y0lked »

dracotdrgn wrote:Agreed, if you can hold it longer than 5 seconds you didn't use enough weight. I'm usually a fraction under lockout, watch those elbows and knees...
About whatt % are you guys using for this? 120% of 1rm? 110% of 1rm?