100% cold processed whey

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
vangkm007

100% cold processed whey

Post by vangkm007 »

Has anyone used this kind of whey for a good amount of time? I'm wondering what your thoughts are and if it's worth the extra $$$?

I was able to get a good deal on some 100% cold processed, it's been about a month since I've been using it but it's hard to say how much it's benefited me.

The brand I was able to get a hold of was Dorian Yates Tempro.
doolee

Post by doolee »

I personally loved DY protein, but I would wait till it comes up on wheycheap. Vanilla was excellent tasting, and well worth the money (which was relatively cheap).
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Ask Mass' MassPro will always have my $$. I pay the same price as you do, btw.

Pointing this out only b/c I'm lucky enough to use anyone's I'd like (most of us can...). There is no finer, all around cold processed whey (inclusive of BOTH WPC, WHI, di-tri peptides, colostrum and a teenie, TINY amount of carb/fat).

The flavoring? "Amazing" doesn't even begin to describe it. How he does it w/no fats nor carbs/sugars is beyond me/us.

I/we don't play favorites, just telling it like I/we see it... :) :) :)
ckeahey76

Post by ckeahey76 »

Hey, I had a friend ask and I wasn't sure how to answer, but what is a good protein for women. The woman in question doesn't hit the weights, she does mostly yoga, pilates (both can be tough workouts) and cardio. What are you suggestions as to a good protein for her.
doolee

Post by doolee »

Any cold processed whey would be beneficial. Maybe a blend with some healthy fats added (trutein). In addition, I've read multiple times that Mass Pro is excellent for a general well-being/health protein in addition to its purpose in the blueprint.
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

ckeahey76 wrote:Hey, I had a friend ask and I wasn't sure how to answer, but what is a good protein for women. The woman in question doesn't hit the weights, she does mostly yoga, pilates (both can be tough workouts) and cardio. What are you suggestions as to a good protein for her.
Protein for women = same as for men

Just the quantity will differ. A woman wouldn't need 50g of protein post workout... well.... *I'd* do that... but for general living etc you shouldn't need a protein powder. Just enough of any type to meet your daily requirements.
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Some womens formulas also have added calcium and iron.
ckeahey76

Post by ckeahey76 »

Thanks for all the replies. I will let my buddy know so he can tell his wife.
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

I'm kind of shocked some of the minerals are in such high quantity! I guess I have been too busy making sure they had enough of certain ones, and were low in K.

BTW lee labrada has some nice protein, and sells some for men with instructions for women. The difference? They have women take half a serving. They even have a protein made for women, and the difference is the servings are half the size. BTW a half size serving is STILL 20G, on average, so at 6 meals, it is still 120g. That's STILL a pretty good amount.

Women tend to be smaller, and often try to tone more than build up, and they don't build muscle quite as quickly, so they tend to need a lot less. The actual muscle, and what it is made of, is the same though, so they need the same nutrition.

Steve
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

seasoned wrote:
Women tend to be smaller,

Steve
Not my women :lol:
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

seasoned wrote:I'm kind of shocked some of the minerals are in such high quantity! I guess I have been too busy making sure they had enough of certain ones, and were low in K.

BTW lee labrada has some nice protein, and sells some for men with instructions for women. The difference? They have women take half a serving. They even have a protein made for women, and the difference is the servings are half the size. BTW a half size serving is STILL 20G, on average, so at 6 meals, it is still 120g. That's STILL a pretty good amount.

Women tend to be smaller, and often try to tone more than build up, and they don't build muscle quite as quickly, so they tend to need a lot less. The actual muscle, and what it is made of, is the same though, so they need the same nutrition.

Steve
There isnt really such thing as 'toning' not trying to be a dickhead im just saying.People lifting in the gym for 'toning' there is no such thing.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Hank! wrote:
seasoned wrote:

Steve
Amen Hank.

Long live "curvy..." :)
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

RobRegish wrote:
Hank! wrote:
seasoned wrote:

Steve
Amen Hank.

Long live "curvy..." :)
Curvy small women...yum
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

DaCookie wrote:
seasoned wrote:I'm kind of shocked some of the minerals are in such high quantity! I guess I have been too busy making sure they had enough of certain ones, and were low in K.

Steve
There isnt really such thing as 'toning' not trying to be a dickhead im just saying.People lifting in the gym for 'toning' there is no such thing.
YOU know what I'm talking about! Those people, almost 100% are WOMEN, that you see using really dinky weights, like 2 pounds for curls or 30 pounds for a leg press, and they do them a lot. Apparently those 2 pound weights are pretty popular.

But the interesting thing is that if a grown person could only lift 2 pounds, they would have a problem lifting a plastic bottle of coke, and forget 2 liters. And a 30 pound leg press? How could they even STAND?

Steve