Taking Ginger

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
matter2003

Taking Ginger

Post by matter2003 »

Rob,

I really enjoy taking my ginger(powdered form) by adding it to my brown rice(tastes phenomenal, which is better than the paste taste brown rice usually has) and studies are saying it has potential as a testosterone booster by destroying the free radicals in the testes(specifically malondialdehyde) which boost sperm production and doubles T levels in rats. One of the reasons they tested it was because of some African countries using ginger as a fertility drug, so they wanted to see if it had any basis for it. They ended up concluding that ginger in fact does work and was as effective as the fertility drug Clomid...

Just wondering about your thoughts on this, and if it is OK to continue taking it while on the BP?

Here is the study link:

https://www.ergo-log.com/gingertest.html

and the main site also basically posts virtually every new study that comes out regarding weightlifting, strength, endurance, training, etc...some very interesting reading on the site if you haven't ever had the chance to look at it...
cogrick2

Post by cogrick2 »

Recovering an old post here, but this is great stuff.

I just bought ginger extract and astragalus extract from superhumanradio.com given all the great stuff Carl Lanore and Dr. Michael Smith of the Life Extension foundation have said about the herbs. Rob Regish may also have said good things.
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

powder and extracts are ok but I would go with a minimum of 2:1 ratio
raw and fresh:powder and extracts ... jmo
cogrick2

Post by cogrick2 »

BrainSquirt wrote:powder and extracts are ok but I would go with a minimum of 2:1 ratio
raw and fresh:powder and extracts ... jmo
Is that because of a scientific study or because of an intuition about the relative health benefit of complete foods?
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

cogrick,

in general "extracts" are better for remedial use, while the whole food or herb, etc is better for 'pre-medial' applications.
... of course the important factors in some foods are more bioavailable than others ... raw whole ginger, in my experience, has pretty high 'bioavailablility' of the good stuff...

wth zero latency response time :)
cogrick2

Post by cogrick2 »

BrainSquirt wrote:cogrick,

in general "extracts" are better for remedial use, while the whole food or herb, etc is better for 'pre-medial' applications.
... of course the important factors in some foods are more bioavailable than others ... raw whole ginger, in my experience, has pretty high 'bioavailablility' of the good stuff...

wth zero latency response time :)
Interesting, thanks.

I had eight bags of ginger tea today, mainly because my amazon.com auto-shipments have surprised me a couple times so ginger tea runs abundant in my home.

I also had maybe 1.5 scoops of Driven Sports Craze so here's hoping I can sleep after my exam tonight.

I feel pretty good given the 5 hours of sleep last night.

Say, what do you say to ginger tea as opposed to consuming the raw ginger herb? As I recall, ginger is said to be toxic in high amounts. That is something I obviously must research.
Christian125

Post by Christian125 »

The use of the ginger is good to controls the low blood pressure and body & joint pain. Use the ginger in your daily cooking to make your foods more tasty and healthy.
DustinM

Re: Taking Ginger

Post by DustinM »

matter2003 wrote:Rob,

I really enjoy taking my ginger(powdered form) by adding it to my brown rice(tastes phenomenal, which is better than the paste taste brown rice usually has) and studies are saying it has potential as a testosterone booster by destroying the free radicals in the testes(specifically malondialdehyde) which boost sperm production and doubles T levels in rats. One of the reasons they tested it was because of some African countries using ginger as a fertility drug, so they wanted to see if it had any basis for it. They ended up concluding that ginger in fact does work and was as effective as the fertility drug Clomid...

Just wondering about your thoughts on this, and if it is OK to continue taking it while on the BP?

Here is the study link:

and the main site also basically posts virtually every new study that comes out regarding weightlifting, strength, endurance, training, etc...some very interesting reading on the site if you haven't ever had the chance to look at it...
The study link you've provided in your post isn't working.
Please check it yourself and then re-post the link.
matter2003

Re: Taking Ginger

Post by matter2003 »

DustinM wrote:
matter2003 wrote:Rob,

Here is the study link:

The study link you've provided in your post isn't working.
Please check it yourself and then re-post the link.
Works fine for me...
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

I dont really like those ergo log studies.Seen some which are complete BS.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

DaCookie wrote:I dont really like those ergo log studies.Seen some which are complete BS.
Ergolog doesn't do the studies, they just report the results in plain english so you don't need a phd to read them. They even will tell you when they doubt the veracity of them, since some are done by the supplement companies or special interest groups...
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

One of my girlfriends is from africa and she says they've used kind of a homemade gingerale since... forever. See... get yourself more than one girlfriend from more than one continent and you won't ever have to read another study.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

I use ginger powder in my organic soda recipes... a good tablespoon goes into the glass, followed by a cup of carbonated mineral water... let it get all fizzy, and when it slows add juice of your choice (grape is my favorite).

It adds a fantastic "bite", great nutrition and beats the hell out of any and all commercial HFCS crap from Coke/Pepsico in every single way imaginable.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

matter2003 wrote:
DaCookie wrote:I dont really like those ergo log studies.Seen some which are complete BS.
Ergolog doesn't do the studies, they just report the results in plain english so you don't need a phd to read them. They even will tell you when they doubt the veracity of them, since some are done by the supplement companies or special interest groups...
But the results they post for most are not good enough at all to decide if the study that was done is flawed etc