Linkiroth gets strong, Blueprint Journey part I.

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
Linkiroth

Linkiroth gets strong, Blueprint Journey part I.

Post by Linkiroth »

Well, although I was planning on waiting out this training cycle due to a PT eval (I'm military) it turns out that I don't eval until the end of the year, giving me plenty of time to do a BP run. A little background on me:

21 years old
Married, have a beautiful 4 month old baby boy.
Been training since December 2009.
Focus is 95% on strength; looking good is a side effect of it and I'll put 5% into that.
I've always been a cynic, so I'm very skeptical of the Blueprint, as I am of all things. But I'm willing to give anything a try, especially something that works so well for so many people.

My stack:
Kre-Anabolyn (Got 6 bottles, should be plenty.)
Adaptogen N (Will dose according to Rob's recommendation (5 on 2 off after loading)
Gamma GH (Been reading too much good stuff to skip out on it.)
Burn it up! (for my cruise phase)
"The Formula"
Protein supplements

My plan: Run through the 5 day famine followed by GLP #1 and #2. After completing GLP#2 with my new 1RM in hand; I'll cruise for a while before either starting another BP run (with adaptogens, obviously) or returning to my old way of life (sans adaptogens). I'm planning on starting famine on Sunday and doing famine workout #1 as outlined in the BP. Very excited to start this.
dropthebeats

Post by dropthebeats »

Good luck Link. You'll do great. I'm a big fan of GLP. Also, congratulations on the baby boy!
Linkiroth

Post by Linkiroth »

dropthebeats wrote:Good luck Link. You'll do great. I'm a big fan of GLP. Also, congratulations on the baby boy!
Thanks, DTB; and thanks for the calculator! It's going to make this whole process that much easier.
RobRegish

Re: Linkiroth gets strong, Blueprint Journey part I.

Post by RobRegish »

Linkiroth wrote:Well, although I was planning on waiting out this training cycle due to a PT eval (I'm military) it turns out that I don't eval until the end of the year, giving me plenty of time to do a BP run. A little background on me:

21 years old
Focus is 95% on strength; looking good is a side effect of it and I'll put 5% into that.
I've always been a cynic, so I'm very skeptical of the Blueprint, as I am of all things. But I'm willing to give anything a try, especially something that works so well for so many people.

My stack:
Adaptogen N (Still figuring out how I'm going to run this one.)
"The Formula"
Protein supplements

My plan: Run through the 5 day famine followed by GLP #1 and #2. After completing GLP#2 with my new 1RM in hand; I'll cruise for a while before either starting another BP run (with adaptogens, obviously) or returning to my old way of life (sans adaptogens). I'm planning on starting famine on Sunday and doing famine workout #1 as outlined in the BP. Very excited to start this.
Welcome to Gainsville!!!

One request.. please PM me your name/month you bought under at PayPal. Please understand, I'm doing this for the very best of reasons... to protect your investment!!

Otherwise, I forsee an EPIC run. Plenty of heart, top shelf supps! and a REALLY interesting game plan.

I doubt you'll be going back, to what you were doing. Let's just let this unfold though... I'd bet my 401k though (the smaller one, to be safe.. :)), you're never going back.

Once you go BP, you never go back!!! :) :) :) [/i]
Linkiroth

Re: Linkiroth gets strong, Blueprint Journey part I.

Post by Linkiroth »

RobRegish wrote:
Linkiroth wrote:Well, although I was planning on waiting out this training cycle due to a PT eval (I'm military) it turns out that I don't eval until the end of the year, giving me plenty of time to do a BP run. A little background on me:

21 years old

My stack:
Adaptogen N (Still figuring out how I'm going to run this one.)
"The Formula"
Protein supplements

Welcome to Gainsville!!!

One request.. please PM me your name/month you bought under at PayPal. Please understand, I'm doing this for the very best of reasons... to protect your investment!!

Otherwise, I forsee an EPIC run. Plenty of heart, top shelf supps! and a REALLY interesting game plan.

I doubt you'll be going back, to what you were doing. Let's just let this unfold though... I'd bet my 401k though (the smaller one, to be safe.. :)), you're never going back.

Once you go BP, you never go back!!! :) :) :) [/i]
Rob, I PMed you earlier this week. I'll PM you again right now though.

EDIT: might as well throw this in here.

Took my RHR and WHR (Figuring two objective measures is better than one)

RHR: 60 BPM
WHR: 80 BPM
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Got it... you are of good faith.

And that my friend, just bought you a lifetime ticket - to this train I'm driving!!!
Linkiroth

First day of famine

Post by Linkiroth »

Famine: DAY 1

Had my first day of famine and my first famine workout. I followed the workout as outlined and achieved the high end of the rep range on each of the movements, possibly under doing it on some of them. Otherwise, it was very solid. Feeling kind of hungry, but I guess that's to be expected.

Stats:
RHR: 62bpm
WHR: 81bpm
Weight: 178.3lbs

Calories: 1135
FAT: 35g
CHO: 192.5g
PRO: 18.7g

I may get some more calories in later, had a HUGE salad (like... between 4 and 6 cups of organic baby spinach and mixed lettuces) which was pretty awesome. I may keep that up throughout famine, it gives me a nice sort of "feast" to look forward to.

Taking tomorrow off of training, planning to do some cardio in the morning. Doing session 2 on Tuesday.

By the way, how much detail can I go into about the programme in this thread? I prefer to write detailed logs so that I can reference them myself but I don't want to infringe on any IP.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

As much as you'd like... :)
Linkiroth

Post by Linkiroth »

Famine: DAY 2

So far so good, I had a veggie sandwich this afternoon and it was pretty decent. I texted Rob (Thank you again, Rob, the customer service is unbeatable!) to ask if diet soda would be alright and for this week, it is. I think that may make famine quite a bit easier on me. Best part of the day?
Came home to find a box on my porch from MASS with my BP t-shirt, MASS t-shirt, 4 bottles of Gamma GH, 3 bottles of KA and my FREE Burn It Up! Way too excited to get onto the feast phase of all this.

Stats:
RHR: 63bpm
WHR: Not taken
Weight: Not taken

Calories: 1474
FAT: 68.2g
CHO: 174.2g
PRO: 42.2g (!!! Wanted to keep this under 40g at all costs. Hopefully, my estimation on the protein in the fries and wasabi aioli were overshooting)

Had that big salad again, it was just as heavenly as the first time. I'm actually almost feeling satisfied right now. Will be trying to get into the gym in the morning as wifey has work tomorrow; I'll be home with baby. I've heard that day 3 is the worst, perhaps I'll pick up a new video game to try and distract me while the baby naps. We shall see.
ckeahey76

Post by ckeahey76 »

How old is the baby. Mine will be 16 months on the 19th of this month. He is an awesome little guy that makes me laugh everyday.
Linkiroth

Post by Linkiroth »

ckeahey76 wrote:How old is the baby. Mine will be 16 months on the 19th of this month. He is an awesome little guy that makes me laugh everyday.
He's 4 months, really sweet, actually. I just put him down for a nap.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Linkiroth wrote:
ckeahey76 wrote:How old is the baby. Mine will be 16 months on the 19th of this month. He is an awesome little guy that makes me laugh everyday.
He's 4 months, really sweet, actually. I just put him down for a nap.
I have a 4 month old little girl that I just put down for a nap myself...
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

I will be joining the father nation this end of June. I must say I am anxious about it, facing the unknown... At least I know it will be a girl and also that I already hate is first boyfriend!
ckeahey76

Post by ckeahey76 »

Yes BigPelo, it is time to start a gun collection or a knife collection and make sure that you are cleaning/sharpening whenever "boyfriend" are coming over.

My son is a great little guy gives me kisses and hugs everyday. I named him Kellen, which is Irish and I have a lot of Irish blood coming from both sides of my grandparents. But I found that the name Kellen means mighty warrior, and I hope that he grows into his name. Be it on an athletic field or military or at an job, I hope he has the mind set of a mighty warrior who does research on his enemies and leads the way to victory.

We are hoping for a girl when we have our next one. I like the name Jameson for a girl, I don't know what it means, but I like the whiskey.