"The Formula" questions... Everyone GTFIH and chim

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
j10nke

"The Formula" questions... Everyone GTFIH and chim

Post by j10nke »

I am trying to evaluate my supplement regiment... I am a huge fan of Controlled Labs products as they all seem to work together and have an emphasis on overall health.

My current line-up includes:

Orange Triad - multi + joint/digestion support
Oximega greens + fish oils
White Flood - Preworkout stim
Green Mag - Creatine
Purple Wraath - BCAA intra
Golden Gains - Post workout protein + extras
Glycergrow - Glycerol Monostereate for pumps.

Now... with some quick math this totals to $95.70 a month. $57.00 of this are supplements that I would effectively be replacing with "The Formula" (WF, GM, PW, GlycerGrow, and Golden Gains). The Other $38.70 is for vitamins, greens, and fishoils that I would keep in my regiment.

How much does it cost YOU to run "The Formula" per month? my calculations were based on a 3 times a week routine. Just curious for some user input.

Also, without disclosing the ingredients of "The Formula", are the ingredients based on the inclusion of plain "pure" protein or are the other ingredients to be added based on the additives already in the protein? I know that sounded confusing... to try and clarify, If "The Formula" calls for 5 grams of X added does this assume that the protein used doesn't already contain 5 grams of X?

Looking forward to hearing your guys' feedback/theories.

Jason
j10nke

Post by j10nke »

Ok... did a quick calculation for "The Formula". If using it 3 times a week as I am with my Controlled Labs pre, intra, and post supplements "The Formula" totals $57.60 per month. This was with the exclusion of GPA which I couldn't find. (Yes pirates... we put grade point averages in our formulaz!!!!1one)

Still looking forward to your opinions/thoughts etc.

Jason
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

5lbs Karbolyn = $45
2lbs custom protein mix = $25

lasts me probably 3 months. I expect the Karbolyn to last up to 6. I'm small comparatively so the amount of the Formula I require is less than the bigger guys.
j10nke

Post by j10nke »

I was just looking in to that option last night. So you have the ingredients added at true protein?
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

yea, I calculated how much of each item I should have and made up my mix. I'm very lactose intolerant so I had to make a few substitutions (some vegan protein choices to buff up total protein) but I got all the bases covered
j10nke

Post by j10nke »

Did you include gpa and tmg? I'm kind of hesitant on these two. Any one have thoughts on inclusiion of Beta alanine or citruline malate?

Thanks for responses
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

GPA and TMG are really cheap. I got the NOW food brand for the TMG, 2x100 caps of 1g for under 20$ and LiveLong GPA 100g for under 10$ which is enough for +100 formula mix!
tufluk

Post by tufluk »

BA did nothing for me.
citruline malate helped pump a little bit but not worth it, i would defo give it a try if you have never used it before, my current BCAA mix has it added.

as for the two new ingredients (not sure if they should have been posted above) i have never tried them. primarily because I find it hard to find and this has been the case for others too.

intra-workout is the way to go!
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

i didnt add the two acronyms...

as far as i'm aware they're not required
Street-dreams

Post by Street-dreams »

tmg and gpa basically help with creatine uptake.. well the gpa does... the tmg counters a potentially bad effect of the gpa by being a methyl donor.
j10nke

Post by j10nke »

Street-dreams wrote:tmg and gpa basically help with creatine uptake.. well the gpa does... the tmg counters a potentially bad effect of the gpa by being a methyl donor.
Yea that was my concern. Dont want to play chemistry with my body negating sides, rather avoid the possibility hence why I dont play with prohormones any more. Are these two ingredients "crucial" to the formula?
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

j10nke wrote:
Street-dreams wrote:tmg and gpa basically help with creatine uptake.. well the gpa does... the tmg counters a potentially bad effect of the gpa by being a methyl donor.
Yea that was my concern. Dont want to play chemistry with my body negating sides, rather avoid the possibility hence why I dont play with prohormones any more. Are these two ingredients "crucial" to the formula?
IMO, a high quality protein is "crucial", not the two others.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

j10nke wrote:Ok... did a quick calculation for "The Formula". If using it 3 times a week as I am with my Controlled Labs pre, intra, and post supplements "The Formula" totals $57.60 per month. This was with the exclusion of GPA which I couldn't find. (Yes pirates... we put grade point averages in our formulaz!!!!1one)

Still looking forward to your opinions/thoughts etc.

Jason
per a PM Rob sent me in regards to a question I had asked him, if you are supplementing with KA you do not need GPA or TMG, which wil save you about $20 or so since it already has the hydroxy-whatever that does the same thing as GPA...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

"Also, without disclosing the ingredients of "The Formula", are the ingredients based on the inclusion of plain "pure" protein or are the other ingredients to be added based on the additives already in the protein? I know that sounded confusing... to try and clarify, If "The Formula" calls for 5 grams of X added does this assume that the protein used doesn't already contain 5 grams of X?.."

A. The protein utilized is very important!! The inclusion of "certain" fast acting peptides is key.

No "Walmart whey", is going to get the job done. I've used them ALL, and when I don't have access to "The Eagle", MassPro gets my vote.

That's me, your mileage may vary.

FINAL WORD: Try MassPro first, "the other" proteins I recommend in "The Formula" second and your own CL labs brew, as time/budget allows.

You'll find it... :)

Hope that helps!!