decline bench

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
ckeahey76

decline bench

Post by ckeahey76 »

How much decline should there be in a decline bench? Don't want to break a protractor out to measure, but just looking for a measure on how much decline should there be in a deline bench for static holds? I have an adjustable bench plus I have a standalone bench you can adjust but the decline seems pretty steep when I put in my rack.
ckeahey76

Post by ckeahey76 »

Well, after some research from a couple of different sites, I found that the degree should be around 20 - 30 with most sites saying 30 degrees. My standalone bench goes 30 degrees down so I guess I will put that in my rack and use that. And yes, I did break out the protractor to see that got an accurate measurement. 8)
tufluk

Post by tufluk »

33° is the sweet spot!

line that up with your protractor and you can double your gains :lol:
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

For God sakes, get these - PLEASE!!!

Padded Hand Grips: For your Static Contraction Holds!!!
https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... php?t=1294

Worth EVERY, penny!!! :) :) :)
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Rob is there much benefit in using decline bench instead of normal?Whenever it said that in 3.0 I just did normal because its hard for me to get into decline position(the barbell has to go on the ground and I have to pick it up)

Any solution for that?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

DaCookie wrote:Rob is there much benefit in using decline bench instead of normal?Whenever it said that in 3.0 I just did normal because its hard for me to get into decline position(the barbell has to go on the ground and I have to pick it up)

Any solution for that?
A. Very much so!! Decline = more weight used = greater overload which leads us to... more GROWTH!!

Do whatever it takes, BEG a training partner - pay one. Just get it done!!

Go get it!!
doolee

Post by doolee »

Heard something a while ago off the DY video series on bb supersite. Can't remember why, but decline brings more pec involvement + reduces chance to tear the pec.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

RobRegish wrote:
DaCookie wrote:Rob is there much benefit in using decline bench instead of normal?Whenever it said that in 3.0 I just did normal because its hard for me to get into decline position(the barbell has to go on the ground and I have to pick it up)

Any solution for that?
A. Very much so!! Decline = more weight used = greater overload which leads us to... more GROWTH!!

Go get it!!
Using PL form on both as a comparison?I imagine PL form on a decline being a bit awkward or maybe not
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

DaCookie wrote:
RobRegish wrote:

Any solution for that?

Go get it!!
Using PL form on both as a comparison?I imagine PL form on a decline being a bit awkward or maybe not
A. Not quite, you want to set it up with more of a flat back, not a "strong" arch as seen with the flat bench.

Trust me/us on this, once you get the setup right - you'll never go back. It generates more overload (much more), vs. the flat bench. More overload = more growth, especially when paired w/EDT blocks... as you'll find, in 3.0!!!

It's the where, when and how, that is the "magic" inherent in 3.0... :)

Ask around, it's track record is already exceeding that of 2.0 - given ALL of the early feedback!!!