V-Squat Machine for Squats

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
matter2003

V-Squat Machine for Squats

Post by matter2003 »

For anyone who has issues doing regular squats, I wanted to let you know about a piece of equipment that I use and that help tremendously avoid the injuries or problems with normal squats. It's called the V-Squat machine by Hammer Strength, and its basically a plate loaded machine with a padded shoulder harness and a big foot plate.

Its got a very smooth motion to it, and is very easy on your back and joints. Its very easy to adjust your feet to as narrow or wide a width as you would like. Personally, I always squat wide. There was a study that came out showing the quads get the same workout no matter what the foot position was, but the hamstrings and glutes are worked much harder when you have a wide stance. They found this by hooking up electrodes and measuring how hard the muscles were working in numerous test subjects.

If your gym has one of these, I highly recommend it as an alternative to squats if you have any issues that prevent you from going as heavy as you would like. Hammer Strength is a very respected name and their equipment is top of the line. NFL teams swear by Hammer Strength equipment, and with football players undergoing the most rigorous workouts in sports, its a pretty good bet whatever they decide to use is a really good piece of equipment, considering they have the money to buy whatever piece of equipment they choose...

Squats are great, if you can do them...if not, you can always use the V-squat and get excellent results with that as well...

Here is a picture of the machine:

Rob also requested a link as to where you might be able to get one, so here that is also:

https://www.usedgymequipment.com/fitness ... V-%20Squat
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

EPIC find!

Do look into this, everyone!!!
Hank!

Re: V-Squat Machine for Squats

Post by Hank! »

matter2003 wrote:For anyone who has issues doing regular squats, I wanted to let you know about a piece of equipment that I use and that help tremendously avoid the injuries or problems with normal squats. It's called the V-Squat machine by Hammer Strength, and its basically a plate loaded machine with a padded shoulder harness and a big foot plate.

Its got a very smooth motion to it, and is very easy on your back and joints. Its very easy to adjust your feet to as narrow or wide a width as you would like. Personally, I always squat wide. There was a study that came out showing the quads get the same workout no matter what the foot position was, but the hamstrings and glutes are worked much harder when you have a wide stance. They found this by hooking up electrodes and measuring how hard the muscles were working in numerous test subjects.

If your gym has one of these, I highly recommend it as an alternative to squats if you have any issues that prevent you from going as heavy as you would like. Hammer Strength is a very respected name and their equipment is top of the line. NFL teams swear by Hammer Strength equipment, and with football players undergoing the most rigorous workouts in sports, its a pretty good bet whatever they decide to use is a really good piece of equipment, considering they have the money to buy whatever piece of equipment they choose...

Squats are great, if you can do them...if not, you can always use the V-squat and get excellent results with that as well...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Rob also requested a link as to where you might be able to get one, so here that is also:

Fixed link to pic
RobRegish

Re: V-Squat Machine for Squats

Post by RobRegish »

Hank! wrote:
matter2003 wrote:For anyone who has issues doing regular squats, I wanted to let you know about a piece of equipment that I use and that help tremendously avoid the injuries or problems with normal squats. It's called the V-Squat machine by Hammer Strength, and its basically a plate loaded machine with a padded shoulder harness and a big foot plate.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Fixed link to pic
A. Notice the weights are below the shoulders/waist. Absolutely key insofar as taking the stress, off the lower back!!!

Thanks again, Hank! for the pic!!!
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

it also doubles as an extremely effective standing calf raise machine as well!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

matter2003 wrote:it also doubles as an extremely effective standing calf raise machine as well!
It occured to all 5Faces of Fear(tm), that the strength curve can be reversed by attaching flex bands of various sorts.

REASON: In a normal (un-banded) movement, the resistance drops off at the top, instead being greatest at the bottom/mid-range depending upon your bio-mechanics.

With the bands, resistance is greatest at the top. For as you push harder/further, the flex bands pull down harder - Providing greater resistance at the top of the movement...

This, according to all 5Faces of Fear(tm)on our latest conference call - Originating in Parts Unknown..... :):):):):)

Hope that help, EVERYONE!!!!!

GREAT find, Matter2003!! I/we APPRECIATE, your contributions here...!!!
jimmyk21

Post by jimmyk21 »

I've always wondered about this machine, we have one at my gym. I tried it once and it felt like my hams and glutes were taken out of the equation. I've considered doing front squats as my main lift with romanian deadlift as a glute/ham assistance. I lift alone and don't really have the option of spilling the weights in my gym in case of emergency.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

if u put ur feet up near the top and wide u will barely b able to walk the nextday from hams and glutes hurting for like 3 days...