Famine Phase

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
EctoBuilder

Famine Phase

Post by EctoBuilder »

Man, I want to start this program so bad, but I'm concerned about the Famine Phase. I can't afford to take any sick days from work without getting fired, and from what I hear, the Famine phase makes you feel absolutely horrible and exhausted........... Rob is awesome, but the more I"m thinking about it, this program just isn't for me, at least while I have a mental job that requires me to be alert....

I think I'm just going to focus on working out with heavy compound movements with static holds, and eating a ton of calories, and see where it leads me, then some month when I have a week off of work(to use the Famine phase), I can start the blueprint program.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

I think you are overthinking this to be honest. I work 50-55 hours a week, sometimes 60+ hours a week. It is both physically demanding and mentally taxing at the same time. I am the sales manager so I am in the store answering phones and talking to people all day and also move merchandise around the showroom and deliver in a pinch when need be to people's houses. I have gone through famine twice and worked both times through it without much of an issue other than being sore from DOMS and kind of blah feeling for a couple of the days. In fact I regularly do 24 hour fasts on both Monday and Friday where I eat nothing all day until I get off work and have no issues.

I am not sure exactly what you do, but I am pretty sure unless you are something like an air traffic controller or pilot or something like that, you should be OK with the famine. As far as being sick, I never felt sick or anything close to having a feeling where couldn't go to work...

Its really up to you, and I many be over simplifying it since I don't know your exact situation, but I would be pretty confident in saying that famine is not something that would prevent you from going to work or even performing while you are at work....yes it is tough, but moreso in a muscle soreness/blah feeling kind of way...at least for me....
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

This is personal preference, so I'd tell you to follow your comfort level.

What I usually counsel in the event your hesitant, is to cherry pick a piece of BP from which you can benefit. So, allow me to offer the following...

Take your 1RM in a lift like the bench press. Apply GLP1 to this and give it a good run.

You'll likely witness some great progress, and you'll have just a small taste of what BP can do for you. Once your comfort level improves, you can run the full "shell" BP consists of, to see just how powerful it is. Honestly, the priming of one's system that Famine accomplishes magnifies whatever training system is used during Feast.

As Matter said, Famine really is a misnomer. Nobody should feel "sick", per se. Stressed vs. sick is an entirely different feeling, with an entirely different end result.

Just my $0.02. Hope it helped!