Alcohol in famine

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
crpolley

Alcohol in famine

Post by crpolley »

I've tried searching for this but the search is lacking..

I will probably be drinking a bit tonight on the 4th night of famine. I definitely will not be getting hammered though

Should I drink beer or liquor?
Do I count the alcohol calories towards my 8X amount (1280) even though they are "empty calories."?

Thanks guys
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

It's probably to late for this now but...

I'd vote liquor in famine... non diet beer has too many calories

hth
crpolley

Post by crpolley »

I ended up going with light beer last night because I figured it's less calories than shots + the mixer/chaser. I ended up drinking around 4 @ 100 calories each.

Still wondering if they're counted towards the calories for the day. If they are I went around 250-300 over I think. Yesterday was a tough day because it was canadian thanksgiving and I couldn't avoid eating at a friends house. Hopefully I'll be alright!
Street-dreams

Post by Street-dreams »

they should count towards the calories but all in all the alchohol was tough on your body in addition to all the stuff uve been putting it through lately. I remember drinking half a pitcher of bud light during one famine and getting pretty buzzed off of it..lol Not something that happens normally.
Street-dreams

Post by Street-dreams »

they should count towards the calories but all in all the alchohol was tough on your body in addition to all the stuff uve been putting it through lately. I remember drinking half a pitcher of bud light during one famine and getting pretty buzzed off of it..lol Not something that happens normally.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Street-dreams wrote:they should count towards the calories but all in all the alchohol was tough on your body in addition to all the stuff uve been putting it through lately. I remember drinking half a pitcher of bud light during one famine and getting pretty buzzed off of it..lol Not something that happens normally.
Right here... :) Thanks for the assist street-dreams!
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

Keeping in mind that the point of famine is to optimize hormones, and the fact that alcohol is known to negatively affect anabolic hormones, personally I'd stay away from it... your friends will forgive you when they see you looking jacked :)
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Two things I don't drink...alcohol and soda...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

matter2003 wrote:Two things I don't drink...alcohol and soda...
Good man... :)

You know why? Neither one, makes you stronger. Therefore, they suck.

Simple solutions, for real world decisions to make courtesy of one of The 5Faces of Fear(tm).... :):):):):)
Aisley

Post by Aisley »

Alcohol is dangerous for health. It should be avoided. I don't like to drink alcohol. Thanks everyone for sharing your ideas and information. Keep posting.