First Blueprint Run - BP 3.0 for recomp

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
Shayner

First Blueprint Run - BP 3.0 for recomp

Post by Shayner »

Introduction
Hello everyone! I picked up the blueprint last week and after a bunch of questions, looking over the forums, and lots of emailing and pm'ing Rob I think I'm ready for my first run.

Here's some information about myself:
I am 19 and have been lifting weights for about 3 years on and off now. I found myself always hitting plateaus and never really making consistent progress. With the BP I hope all of that changes.
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 177 pounds

For my first run I am going to run 2.0 with the GLP1 and EDT on each of the workout days. My main focus is definitely going to be increasing my bench and squat 1RM. As of right now, my 1RM's are lower than what they used to be.
Bench: 235
Squats: 295

These definitely need to be increased. As for my goals for my first run, I am not too picky I just want to see progress as I haven't really seem too much the last year and a half.

The supplements I am going to be using once feast starts are:
- Animal pak
- Kre-anabolyn
- Creapure creatine monohydrate? (thoughts?)
- fish oil
- BCAA Caps

Many of these supplements are left over from "my old workout days". Next time I need supplements I'll know exactly what, why, and where to get them ;) , that's the beauty of the Blueprint!

Continuing..

DAY 1 - Monday June 25, 2012

RHR: 56

I started Famine today and man is it hard. I already felt a Little weak in my first workout. I found it weird trying to avoid proteins for the first time since I began my healthy lifestyle. But at the same time it was kinda nice not having to worry about meeting my requirements. As far as my diet goes I stuck to mostly salads and fruits today. My calorie intake was right where it needed to be... Found my stomach growling all day.

As for my workouts I followed them spot on. I find it tough in the gym already. I am not going to record my workouts during the famine phase as it is not going to involve PR's. Once I start the loading phase I'll begin to log everything! :wink: :wink:

Please give me any advice and input you may have to help me along the way!

Note: I apologize for any grammar mistakes as I am on my iPhone until my laptop gets fixed.
Shayner

DAY 2 - Tuesday June 26, 2012

Post by Shayner »

DAY 2 - Tuesday June 26, 2012

Today is the 2nd day of famine and I'm a bit more comfortable being in such a deficit. That being said, in no way do I like this lol. If it's what I have to do for big gains then so be it. I'll suck it up.

No workouts today but I'm definitely feeling the effects of yesterday's workout. Muscles are sore but there's more of a tired feeling in them. Tomorrow is suppose to be the day when I really feel the deficit hit me.. Can't wait :? Tomorrow is definitely going to be a challenge.

My diet has been good today. I have been drinking lots of fluids and eating little protein. Lots of fruits and some veggies. Already counting down until feast.

Question:
Can you guys recommend me some EDTs that'll hit shoulders, back, and arms? Whether they be on workout 1 of GLP1 (chest/benchpress) or workout 2 of GLP1 (legs/squats), I just want to make sure I hit all 3 of those. Don't want any lacking groups.
Shayner

DAY 3 - Wednesday June 27, 2012

Post by Shayner »

DAY 3 - Wednesday June 27, 2012

RHR: 60 *Up 4 bpm since Monday

Stayed up late last night and woke up around noon today and thankfully didn't find myself too hungry. I waited until my hunger kicked in then grabbed a bunch of cut up fruit. Throughout the day I had a big salad, lots more fruit and some toast. All in all it was another tough day, toughest day thus far and only 2 more until I can eat big!

I just finished my workout prior to writing this post. The workout was pretty tough, definitely a lot weaker than normal. Found the chest to shoulders superset very tiring but good at the same time. Tomorrow is an off day and I know my shoulders will be blasted tomorrow, I love that feeling. Come Friday I will measure my resting heart rate to determine if Friday's killer workout is necessary (hopefully not :p ).

Feast in 2 days...
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

1. I would pass on Animal Pak and go with another multi-vitamins. Over-rated, lots of filler and under quality sources minerals.

2. Back-shoulders EDT I was doing during my last feast: seated close grip cable row / one arm angled barbell press (one knee on the floor)
Shayner

Post by Shayner »

Awesome, thanks for the advice/input! Animal pak is one of those supplements I have left over. I'm going to finish up the container I have then I'll look into a new one.
Shayner

DAYS 4 & 5

Post by Shayner »

DAY 4 - Thursday June 28, 2012

I found Thursday was a lot easier than previous days because I knew the hunger feeling I was going to have throughout the day. There was no workouts today as it is suppose to be a rest day. I will be measuring my resting heart rate on Friday to determine if I need the final workout.

DAY 5 - Friday June 30, 2012

RHR: 67 *Up 11 bpm from Monday

The last day of famine finally has come and gone. My RHR was up 11 bpm since Monday (I use a blood pressure monitor to get an accurate rhr reading). I decided to not go through with the workout as I had a busy day and according to my rhr it was not necessary though I may have potentially benefitted from it.

Today I felt really tired and lousy all day. I ate a bunch of veggies with fruit here and there. Pretty much the same diet throughout the week. So relieved this stage is over and now I can begin feast! Hopefully I can see some PRs and progress whether it be in body composition or strength, any progress is welcomed!

Tomorrow I'm getting up bright and early to make a HUGE breakfast including eggs, toast, and who knows what else! I'm starting the workout routine on Tuesday then into GLP1. From then on I will be posting my workouts which will include weight and reps.

Question: I ordered Kre-anabolyn from the site Rob recommends and I live in Canada. Does anyone know how long it takes to ship here? Thanks!
Shayner

Post by Shayner »

DAYS 6, 7, & 8

These last three days have been my feeding time right after famine. Been eating lots of carbs and protein and coming close to my recommended requirements. It's been tough though, just because of Canada day weekend. Definitely did some partying this weekend but I stayed away from beer and stuck with Gin and diet ginger ale.

Tomorrow is my first real gym day. I've decided to change from doing the 2.0 to doing a recomp instead. So the title of this log will change to "3.0 for recomp" instead of "2.0 for strength and size". I'm looking forward to getting started. All of my main lifts and EDTs will be logged starting tomorrow!

Wish me luck!