Feast takes too long? Alternative routines for BP2.0?

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
Rizzo23601

Feast takes too long? Alternative routines for BP2.0?

Post by Rizzo23601 »

Hi everyone,

I'm currently planning my 2nd Blueprint 2.0 run, and I have a problem with the length of feast.

My questions:

Are the 5 bridge workouts obligatory? Or is there an alternative? Basically it just takes so long if you follow Rob's advice of 1on/2off.

Example:

5 days of Famine

after that

Feast = 3 days of eating + 5 bridge workouts + 12 GLP#1 workouts

--> that's 54 days if you do 1on/2off.

I don't want my feast to be longer than 42 days, even better if it would be around 35 days.

Does anyone have an idea on how to manage that? Maybe some alternative workout routines that can be applied to the feast phase? I'm also a little bored with squatting/benching every other workout :D

So, basically I'm asking for alternative feast training routines and your experiences with Blueprint 2.0 :)
wtmarcus

Post by wtmarcus »

I have been thinking of running something out of Pavel Tsatsoulines book "Beyond Bodybuilding." The 'souped up DeLorme' to be specific. It's a 6 week mass routine with 3 sessions / week. All of them are benching and deadlifts though so it might also bore you to death.

Haven't tried it yet but it strikes me as a good mix, and would total 30 days. And hey.. give skipping the bridge workouts a try. :)
Rizzo23601

Post by Rizzo23601 »

Thanks!

I was thinking if the bridge workouts are necessary... I know my 1RM for Bench and Squat, would it be stupid to jump right into GLP#1?
drtda

Post by drtda »

Yes, the bridge workouts are necessary.

Personally, I'm normally on a 1on, 1off with my Blueprint runs, only rarely taking an extra day off. If you can recover well enough, that will save you some time and compress everything.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Personally I dont do the bridge workouts anymore but then again I use to get sick quite easily after famine, possibly cause of the stress on the body from famine.If you feel like that, that you get sick easy then definitely do the bridge workouts.Might have something to do with muscle mass too but not quite sure.

That doesnt happen to me anymore so I dont do them.I do like 3 workouts a week usually.
ElderadoRacing

Post by ElderadoRacing »

I just finished GLP 1. Six bench workouts and six squat workouts, at two workouts a week had me done in three weeks. Now I am starting GLP 2.

My body likes high intensity and high volume. Not everyone can do the workouts this way. I do chest on Monday, Legs Tuesday, cardio Wednesday, Bench press with a full back workout on Thursday, shoulders and arms Friday, Legs Saturday, stretch on Sunday.

Here is my Chest day workout:

Bench press - GLP 1 or 2
Incline DB press - E.D.T
T-bar rows - E.D.T
Decline Bench Press - 4 sets, 8-10 reps
Cable Fly Ladder - 9 sets, 6-8 reps, 30 seconds rest.
Push-ups - 100 reps total.

Added 20lbs to my bench max on GLP 1, in 3 weeks. (thanks MPS)
Rizzo23601

Post by Rizzo23601 »

ElderadoRacing wrote:I just finished GLP 1. Six bench workouts and six squat workouts, at two workouts a week had me done in three weeks. Now I am starting GLP 2.

My body likes high intensity and high volume. Not everyone can do the workouts this way. I do chest on Monday, Legs Tuesday, cardio Wednesday, Bench press with a full back workout on Thursday, shoulders and arms Friday, Legs Saturday, stretch on Sunday.
Pretty confusing. Six bench workouts and six squat workouts at two workouts a week = 6 weeks. But you're saying you did it in three? Doesn't add up.
ElderadoRacing

Post by ElderadoRacing »

I do two bench workouts and two squat workouts a week. Bench on Monday and Thursday, squats on Tuesday and Saturday. Technically I workout 6 days a week. I bench twice, do squats twice and work arms twice a week. Hope that helps.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

DaCookie wrote:Personally I dont do the bridge workouts anymore but then again I use to get sick quite easily after famine, possibly cause of the stress on the body from famine.If you feel like that, that you get sick easy then definitely do the bridge workouts.Might have something to do with muscle mass too but not quite sure.

That doesnt happen to me anymore so I dont do them.I do like 3 workouts a week usually.
Funny you should mention that. I find that I always get sick after famine. This last run that did not happen because I doubled my vit c dose and also drank tons of juiced ginger post workout. I intuitively used the bridge prior to 3.0 because it helped me find my % for the lifts used in 3.0. But some folks level of chronic inflammation is already so high, that famine might not be a good move IMO, atleast first time around. Folks with high levels of chronic inflammation might also do well to cut famine a day short.