high and low calorie days clarification

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
mattcc22

high and low calorie days clarification

Post by mattcc22 »

In bp3.0 the training and dietary template splits up high/low calorie days based on training days, but the trackers show different. Which one should I be going by?
drtda

Post by drtda »

In 3.0 you should do higher calorie days on lifting days, and lower on non-lifting days. Also you are reducing the calories about every week or 10 days on your non-lifting days, i.e. from 90% of maintenance down to 80% and then down to 70% as you finish 3.0.

The reality is that no matter what program you are following, more of your calories should be on your lifting days, especially in the pre- and post-workout window.
tomz

Post by tomz »

I was going to use the trackers from 3.0 for my upcoming 2.0. I think the difference you're seeing between the manual and the trackers, mattcc22, is that you haven't set all the values for activity level, body fat, etc? When I set those to my activity level and body fat, it pretty much matches what's in the manual.
mattcc22

Post by mattcc22 »

I thought I changed all of the goal boxes but ill check again. I figured you only do high calorie on workout days but wanted to make sure.
Thanks