So it begins. Capnleux: take 1

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
capnleux

So it begins. Capnleux: take 1

Post by capnleux »

Well, I spent half the night last night eating and talking myself out of starting this. Today I have eaten a cup of spinach, cup of baby carrots and about 3 cups of v8. I guess I started anyway, so here goes.

I'm 36, skinny fat, and trying to better mine and my families nutrition. I'm running the blueprint sup free this time as per instructions and monetary restrictions. I will be training with free weights at home. I've decided on 1 goal and 1 desire. My goal is to bench 225. I did it once about 10-15 yrs ago at a much lighter weight so I think it is quite achievable. I would also like to see 10 lbs of muscle gain. I feel these are realistic goals judging by all the reading.

Well, lunch is almost over. More later.
PS...a ioS friendly version of this forum would rule!
JayBezel

Post by JayBezel »

good luck. your goals are realistic it just dependson your starting point on whether or not you'll be able to hit your marks with this run.
capnleux

day one over

Post by capnleux »

this morning i was 165lb, calipers said 20%, but i think thats a little low.

had a bottle of v8 splash berry all day
cup of spinach and cup of carrots with mct oil for lunch
cup of spinach, cup of lettuce 4oz sirloin for dinner
banana and 3 strawberries for dessert

like a boss
capnleux

Day3

Post by capnleux »

Have had a headache for two days. The pressure from training today forced me to take som ibuprofin. Went over my calories by about 50. Other than that still on track. Afraid im not suffering enough though.

Its fortunate that my feast starts on labor day weekend :)
capnleux

morning of day 4 concerns

Post by capnleux »

i woke up this morning at 160 pounds. that fits pretty close with the pound a day. My rested heartrate however hasnt changed. it is supposed to be up 8 bpm before i get out of famine.

do i need to extend famine and make adjustments or move to feast as scheduled and get maybe lesser results?
capnleux

Post by capnleux »

still at 160 this morning. Did the 3rd workout to make sure i was dying with only a half of cup of black coffee and a banana. looking forward to eating.

P.S. Thx for the luck Jay!
capnleux

Manana we eat!

Post by capnleux »

well thats that. felt a little tired and depressed and irritable. Think i'll wake up with some bulletproof coffee and hit the farmers market for eggs. eggs and bacon brunch!
RobRegish

Re: Manana we eat!

Post by RobRegish »

capnleux wrote:well thats that. felt a little tired and depressed and irritable. Think i'll wake up with some bulletproof coffee and hit the farmers market for eggs. eggs and bacon brunch!
Good man Capn'!!

The hard part is nearly OVER. Train to Gainsville, leaving shortly... :) Right here for you, if you need me!
capnleux

been rereading

Post by capnleux »

so, i've been rereading the 2.0 to try and make sure im ready for everything.

at the bottom of the glp 1 somewhere it says you can either start over at famine or burn thru all 4 loading patterns. I'm going to reread again here in a minute, but if you just move on thru the loading patterns, how do the diet phases coincide? would you stay on feast thru the entire 3months or however long it takes to get thru all of the loading protocols?
drtda

Post by drtda »

If you try to go though all the loading patterns, you would have to stay in a feast phase. I think it would be extremely tough to do though.

Last year I did GLP2 followed by the 10% Solution with about a week off in between and it was still pretty brutal. I was worn out by the end and definitely don't think that I could have doubled it without putting in a different type of program for a least a short time.

You could conceivably do it by taking a week off after each phase, then going through famine and back into feast, but that may be counterproductive.
capnleux

Post by capnleux »

Thx for the help drt! Reading about the deminishing returns I'll likely try the first pattern the cruise and famine. That way I can get some supps and compare quicker too.

I'm still reading thru again, bui think I have confused myself about the glp workout. Expect a new question soon.
capnleux

SHR #955

Post by capnleux »

Fats are friendly...found my answer on SHR episode 955. A round table episode via our one and only Rob Regish. Rob, I have a way better solution than icky olive oil shooters. Bulletproof coffee! Www.bulletproofexec.com mine comes in around 550 calories! Readjusting my eating. I think it will mitigate some I the fat gain and lower time requirements in the morning.
capnleux

life's a pain

Post by capnleux »

damnit. just damnit.
life is a pain in the butt.

gonna have to change my goals a little i think. my weights are lower than i expected. guess i'm weaker than i thought

today is deload workout. I'll have questions before i start GLP1.
capnleux

GLP1

Post by capnleux »

It reads to me like so: pick one big barbell lift. Follow these six prescribed workouts. Superset each set with a counter stretching movement (i.e. DB pullover or Stiff leg DL).

Is this right? So if you do bench, thats all you do for the next 3 weeks? no squat work or anything, just ur bench sets and corresponding stretching? I'm focusing on the 2.0 program. One thing at a time :)

If this is the case then i will likely focus on Squat. I think it would be more mass developing for the time spent. Any input welcome.