Thoughts on my daily supplement list

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
bompus

Thoughts on my daily supplement list

Post by bompus »

Alright guys.. I've decided to share my supplement list with you. This is not 100% related to the Blueprint, but I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Daily:
Barlean's Organic Oils Fresh Catch Fish Oil, Orange Flavor 1000 mg each - (2g 3x/day) -
R-ALA w/ Biotin - 100mg -
Life Extension Super Zeaxanthin with Lutein, Meso-Zeaxanthin and C3G -
Life Extension Optimized Carnitine with GlycoCarn -
MRM CLA Hi Potency 1250 -
Doctor's Best High Absorption CoQ10 -
NOW Foods Tri-Chromium 500mcg/Cinnamon -
Jarrow Formulas Borage GLA-240 -
MHP Glutamine-SR -
TwinLab DMAE Caps -
TMG (Betaine) Powder -
Alpha-GPC Powder -
Millennium Sports MVP-365 MultiVitamin -
Millennium Sports ZMK -
Time Release Panthothenic Acid -
Bõku Super Food (Greens) Powder -

Whey Protein (not decided yet):
AllMax IsoFlex Whey -
BioNutritional Proto Whey -

Casein Protein:
Optimum Nutrition 100% Casein Protein -
Sometimes used:
Beverly International Ultra 40, 4x Beef Liver Concentrate Tablets -
Muscle-Link Creatine -
All American EFX Karbolyn -

---

That's it.. let me know your thoughts. Most of the daily supplements are anti-inflammatory suggested by Perricone and others.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

This isn't the place to reference/promote sources like that, re the other thread... so the above was edited to remove the websites.

These laundry lists do little for others, IMO, but if you are looking for insight from others into your choices then OK.

Quite a few of the brands you cite are pure corporate crap, to be less than tactful, for my two cents.

Oh, and Perricone did not discover the benefits of an anti-inflamatory diet, but that does not discount the great advantages some find from following the principles.

Personally, it is a must for me and I've been promoting anti-inflammatory diets and supplement protocols via MASS from day one, and for a good decade before, really. That's a good 30 years of success I can speak to, for myself and countless clients... the advantages are not always so pronounced for everyone, though, but MOST athletes see quite tangible benefits in recovery and injury prevention.
RobRegish

Re: Thoughts on my daily supplement list

Post by RobRegish »

bompus wrote:Alright guys.. I've decided to share my supplement list with you. This is not 100% related to the Blueprint, but I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Daily:
Barlean's Organic Oils Fresh Catch Fish Oil, Orange Flavor 1000 mg each - (2g 3x/day) -
R-ALA w/ Biotin - 100mg -
Life Extension Super Zeaxanthin with Lutein, Meso-Zeaxanthin and C3G -
Life Extension Optimized Carnitine with GlycoCarn -
MRM CLA Hi Potency 1250 -
Doctor's Best High Absorption CoQ10 -
NOW Foods Tri-Chromium 500mcg/Cinnamon -
Jarrow Formulas Borage GLA-240 -
MHP Glutamine-SR -
TwinLab DMAE Caps -
TMG (Betaine) Powder -
Alpha-GPC Powder -
Millennium Sports MVP-365 MultiVitamin -
Millennium Sports ZMK -
Time Release Panthothenic Acid -
Bõku Super Food (Greens) Powder -

Whey Protein (not decided yet):
AllMax IsoFlex Whey -
BioNutritional Proto Whey -

Casein Protein:
Optimum Nutrition 100% Casein Protein -
Sometimes used:
Beverly International Ultra 40, 4x Beef Liver Concentrate Tablets -
Muscle-Link Creatine -
All American EFX Karbolyn -

---

That's it.. let me know your thoughts. Most of the daily supplements are anti-inflammatory suggested by Perricone and others.
That's a whopper list, but not uncommon. Let's try to boil it down to just 3 areas of focus, that will help you get better results faster from exercise.

INTRA-WORKOUT

As you know from reading 3.0, this is the one area where if you're going to drop coin - should be your first stop. I'm biased in this recommendation, but Synthagen is your one stop shopping solution and does it best IMO. Everything you need in convenient caps for flexible dosing. You need only add a carb drink intra-workout, provided you feel it necessary.

To be fair, EAA's/BCAA's intra will also be of benefit.

EFA's/ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS

As the term implies, they're essential for a reason. Both fish/cod liver oil as well as Krill should be staples, given all that they do.

HIGH QUALITY MULTI-VITAMIN/MULTI-MINERAL

To cover the bases, given we've fouled the land our food grows in. Foods don't contain nearly as many micro-nutrients as they used to. A high quality multi is among the cheapest health insurance you can buy.

Vitamins are the nuts, Minerals are the bolts holding up your framework. Ensure you get them every day.

I guess I got sick of funding and stocking a mini-GNC over the years, LOL. One day, I said the hell with this and stripped everything back to basics, which included the following:

Multi-Vitamin/Minerals
Protein Powder
Fish Oil

Yes, my performance/recovery took a slight dip but you know what? I looked the same in the mirror. That's when I realized adding a single performance enhancer (used strategically, not shotgunned) would round out my "basics and best" approach.

Then came Synthagen. Presto. I'm recovering like lightening, performance took off again and I even scaled WAY back on protein powder, refining its timing/use too.

All 3 of my recommendations radically lower inflammation in the body, via multiple pathways. Proof of that will be in how fast you recover from your workouts/reduction in DOMS using this tri-fecta.

It was a humbling exercise, but well worth it. The economy ain't getting any better, and at some point - we all need to do more with less. This has simplified my life too, and forced me to focus more on training, diet and rest.

In other words, a return to fundamentals.

My $.05... :)