Wrestling Hall of Fame Inductions

Discuss Sports, Music, Movies, Laughs & Life...
Zman42

Post by Zman42 »

RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I remember reading how he would sit up in the audience during WWE shows when he worked there (briefly) just to talk to the fans.

That impressed me.
Zman42

Post by Zman42 »

I so need this as a poster

Zman42

Post by Zman42 »

Also if I've heard correctly, The Von Erich Family is being inducted as a group. Michael Hayes is doing the honors for that.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Wow. Wonder if Gentleman Chris Adams and Gino Hernandez will get in some day. They were great foils to the Von Erichs. Probably didn't draw as well as them vs. the Birds but still..... that Texas Stadium match. "Bald to the Bone" on Youtube.

Amazing!
Zman42

Post by Zman42 »

RobRegish wrote:Wow. Wonder if Gentleman Chris Adams and Gino Hernandez will get in some day. They were great foils to the Von Erichs. Probably didn't draw as well as them vs. the Birds but still..... that Texas Stadium match. "Bald to the Bone" on Youtube.

Amazing!
Hey, if Koko B Ware can get in...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Please don't tell me Koko got in. For the love of God...
Zman42

Post by Zman42 »

RobRegish wrote:Please don't tell me Koko got in. For the love of God...
Then I won't tell you that...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Did he have one good match. Even 1?
Zman42

Post by Zman42 »

RobRegish wrote:Did he have one good match. Even 1?
Eh, I always thought Koko was a good worker. But outside of territories he certainly didn't draw money.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Super guy it's said, Koko.

I'm not so sure he was even a legitimate draw in the territories, though, I must say. In recalling some feuds, I'd say the strength was in how somebody like Jerry Jarrett booked the whole thing far more so than Koko's drawing ability.

He had the bird gimmick before WWF, so it was perhaps a small scale novelty draw to kids, but on the whole you could have popped most anyone else in the slot Koko occupied in those feuds and it would have drawn just as well or better if you ask me.

What I want to know is how can McMahon justify Koko going into the WWE Hall before Ted DiBiase?

Even given the political particulars of how the thing is run, that makes no sense whatsoever.
Zman42

Post by Zman42 »

An old friend used to wrestle on indies, and he once said "If you have a hundred bucks and a spot to fill on your card, give Koko a call".

Ted would have been a perfect inductee this year or last, given his son is featured prominently right now.
Zman42

Post by Zman42 »

It's now official that the Von Erichs are in, and will be inducted by Michael PS Hayes.

https://www.wwe.com/superstars/halloffame/vonerichs/

Looks like it concentrates more on David, Kevin, and Kerry, but Fritz has some mention too.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Wow! I was just youtube'n them today!

I absolutely loved World Class in it's heyday. I remember the Birds', Iceman Parsons, Kamala, Missing Link, One Man Gang, Killer Brooks, Brody, Sheik Adnan Al Kasey, Gentleman Chris Adams, Gino Hernandez and of course, the Von Erichs.

I think this was the absolute height of 80's wrestling, at least insofar as the drug fueled fantasy world/real world lines getting blurred.

I was in Dallas once right before they tore down the Sportatorium. It was a rinkydink little tin shack under an overpass but there I stood, awestruck.