Wrestling Hall of Fame Inductions

Discuss Sports, Music, Movies, Laughs & Life...
Zman42

Post by Zman42 »

RobRegish wrote:Wow! I was just youtube'n them today!

I absolutely loved World Class in it's heyday. I remember the Birds', Iceman Parsons, Kamala, Missing Link, One Man Gang, Killer Brooks, Brody, Sheik Adnan Al Kasey, Gentleman Chris Adams, Gino Hernandez and of course, the Von Erichs.

I think this was the absolute height of 80's wrestling, at least insofar as the drug fueled fantasy world/real world lines getting blurred.

I was in Dallas once right before they tore down the Sportatorium. It was a rinkydink little tin shack under an overpass but there I stood, awestruck.
This may make you cry if you're a Von Erich fan... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-d4_RS_UOs
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Speaking of the Von Erichs...

This is Kerry's daughter, Lacey-

She quit WWE developmental for some reason, but she's said to be a good worker and obviously has the "look"... TNA should snag her, if they have the ability and good sense to do so.

Here is Kevin today, with his son on the field in Dallas-

Zman42

Post by Zman42 »

I can only assume she figured it would only be a matter of time before she was paraded around in her undies and looked at as a magazine cover girl and not a wrestler.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Zman42 wrote:I can only assume she figured it would only be a matter of time before she was paraded around in her undies and looked at as a magazine cover girl and not a wrestler.
Then by leaving, we all lost out :)
Zman42

Post by Zman42 »

Pretty fun show overall. Only Steamboat and Austin made it to TV. The rest was broadcast over the web at WWE.com. Bill Watts' speech was definitely worth listening to. If somebody captured it, I'll see if I can find it.

Here's a portion of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1kFAO87rmo
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

UUUgh, the dreaded "this video has been removed due to terms of use violation"... Thank you WWE. I'll be certain to buy the expensive DVD the first day it goes on sale. Not.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Makes you wonder how many patent lawyers they have on staff searching for this stuff!