Another BP n.u.b aboard!

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
wyrdone.jr

Another BP n.u.b aboard!

Post by wyrdone.jr »

Hello, I am new to the blue print. Just looking for some solid advice. Let's start with stats. All measurements were taken last saturday.
Somatype: Endomorph
Wieght: 235lb yep that's 7.34 slugs of mass
waist:41" neck 16.25"
upperarms: 13.5" cold and slack
Goals: recomp/cut

A little about me. I have been lifting consistently for 5-6 years, less than consistent for another 2. I have cut before my biggest cut was 3.5in in 3 weeks eating nothing but veggies and protein using CW's 10x3 for fat loss.
Last year I used the Power Eating fat loss template(you may have heard of it on Super Human Radio), again using 10x3. I lost 8lbs of fat and gained 6lbs of muscle. This made me seriously rethink about how I had been just eating what I want and then cutting before the PRT ( I am Navy, but that is just my occupation). Hearing about BP on SHR and how it is likely the greatest program for recomp, I knew I needed to give it a truly dedicated run or two to. It doesn't matter what I've done or how much fat I have lost my bodywieght always goes back to just shy of 240lb. My goal for this year and the next is to make that 240 lean and strong. It is my hope that this will make it possible to rededicate my physical training to strength without worrying too much aobut my wiastline expanding to an automaitic PRT failure which is where I am right now. a 38" waist will let me pass and after this PRT cycle I will make a second BP run, the one I am about to undergo being my first.

Strengths: Diet and training experience. Tai Chi (I have had 4yrs instruction and that includes Daoist meditation and chi kung), this helps considerably with mental issues and is great active recovery.

Challenges: My job requires I be at sea for months at a time which will include all but the first two weeks of my planed bp run. This includes challenges diet wise. Most of the food available is cafeteria food, hamburgers, fried chicken, soggy canned vegetabels, you get the picture. Next is unavoidable sleep deprivation, 40hr workdays are not unknown to me. Third is gym equipment availability. If the gym is busy I WILL wait for what I need to do the program but at most I can take up one piece of equipment (squat rack or machine) and maybe a pair of dumbbells.

Affirmations: I will start my first BP run the day after my BP stack and Muti-life package arrives, or feb 15th whichever comes first. This so I can guarantee access to fresh fruit and veggies during the Famine phase.

Well do you have any advice on exercise selections? or food choices from cafeteria food? Please, any advice you have will be listened too. Thanks for reading my post.
-Have fun,
That weird guy

p.s. before pics will be posted soon.
wyrdone.jr

Post by wyrdone.jr »

front, yeah taken in a locker room mirror. Sheesh do i feel cheesy!
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

If the gym is too busy or it's against gym rules to occupy two machines then you will have a bit of a problem doing EDT blocks.

I've found a good solution is to use body-weight + free weights. Example: Push Ups with feet elevated (push), and unilateral dumbbell rows (pull). These are difficult on my heart so I keep track of my heart rate with a monitor.

Also, dumbbell pull overs or EZ curl bar pull overs can just be done as straight sets because they recruit both the back and the chest.

It's good to have a few solutions in your back pocket because nowadays, unless you go 6 AM like I sometimes do, it's nearly impossible to do the same exact EDT's.
wyrdone.jr

Post by wyrdone.jr »

Great idea, thank you.
Just picked up "convict conditioning". My knowledge bw training is minimal ar best...for nownow.
wyrdone.jr

new question

Post by wyrdone.jr »

in bp 3.0 dips are suggested as the first upperbody movement after sct. Anything wrong with using flat bench/decline instead? Every deployment the welds crack on the dip bars, that's just my excuse :) I

really do enjoy the bench, plus right now my rack/locker space is taken up with supplements. (feast starts tomorrow....craving steak so bad but, can't wait to try kre-anabolyn) I'm not sure I can fit a loading pin and another belt.

Also any suggestions besides hogging another bar in place of 1 arm db rows, I can already hit 15reps with the 100lb and that's the biggest the boat has. one-arm fat man pullups?maybe?
wyrdone.jr

Post by wyrdone.jr »

Alright it's day 2 of feast. I am a solid 2lbs lighter and .5" smaller around the belly. Started using Adaptogen-N and Kre-Anabolyn yesterday, the feel good factor has been way up, my wife thought I was drunk or on crack when I called her last night. My cardio has been,uh, steady-state and by that I mean walking...everywhere. The Mrs has the car, we are in seperate states(hazard of my occupation). i also did HIIT cardio yesterday and am looking forward to Feast workout 1.

Warning I am a W-Y-R-D weird one. So other things of note. Excretatory functions also have increased. Urine odor is changing for the better and BM frequency is almost 3 times a day. Yep that means my insides are becoming healthier. The Famine detox did some good. BTW per the BP reccomendations Soda is out and no NSAID's even when I had a headache(stess-induced). i am also using to a hypnosis track to envision a leaner body and feel what it will be like.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

You know?... I'm at a point where I need to go back and reread the entire BP. I'm glad you're having success so far. I really believe in this program.
wyrdone.jr

progress

Post by wyrdone.jr »

Ok. I am in port. France. After completing feast workout 6. My waist is down another half inch. So that's a 40" waist. Arms are the same size but definitely look a bit harder. Caloric zig zags are really just beginning.

I have also noticed that while my strength is keeping up, I had to lower my weight on big lifts for the fourth set of 10-12reps to stay in the prescribed rep range. I guess my work capacity needs a little improvement. Today I am having soda, not sure what I can trust around here berage wise. Might have a little wine but tomorrow I am back on the game plan. Also I am going to need a big protein shake before bed. The bread is good here but a 20oz steak is hard to find.
wyrdone.jr

Post by wyrdone.jr »

I have enjoyed my first BP run very much. Just ended cruise here are the results.

BW 230lbs
waist 40"
arms 13.75 almost 14 but I'm calling it a little low.
neck still at 16.5"

Strength tested the same at the end of Feast but I should have stopped feast a little sooner. Before my run I could do only 225lb 5x5. On the second week of cruise i did 5x5 with 245lb. Also I squatted 315 for 5x5 the first week of cruise where previously my best set with 315 was a single set of 4 reps. So I learned a lesson on body wisdom, take time off sooner.

Alright time to cut for the PRT then back to BP!

Hopefully next PRT cycle there will be no need to do a quick cut. I have done that way too many times. Cutting for me is not quite a starvation diet but it's closer than I would like. Most people don't think 1800 cal/day is starvation, there are times it sure feels like it though, especlially when I can eat double that and slowly lose weight and gail muscle with BP :)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Great progress man! And you learned a LOT!!