Crawlin outta a big hole of laziness

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
beefcake66

Crawlin outta a big hole of laziness

Post by beefcake66 »

Hello Everybody!

The BP lady is back...... and chunkier and weaker than ever before!

I'm basically going to be starting from scratch. I might take a before picture for now.

I'm going to be running a modified version of the Meteoric workout template with my own fat loss diet.

I need to lose 2lbs/week and gain back the majority of the strength I've lost.

Haven't worked out in nearly 2 years, gained back 45lbs of fat from my lowest weight but I've managed to lose 25lbs of that already by diet alone since September, and now I just have about 22lbs to go.

-I have been doing NO EXERCISING.
-The past 2 weeks I've been warming back up to weight lifting by doing bodyweight exercises and physiotherapy for my knee/hips/legs.
-My ACL brace is current away being refitted since I lost so much weight it did not fit or function properly at all. (Refresh: I have a torn ACL, already been reconstructed once with no success).

I'm going to be starting very light so I will probably be working out everyday until I get to a point where I'm actually taxing myself and need to take rest days.

Goals:
In 11 weeks
-22 pounds
100lb Military Press
115lb Bench Press
135lb Squat
185lb Deadlift
Ability to Sprint.

Let the games begin.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Good luck, good to see u back!
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

Well... I'm behind on EVERYTHING in life. I gotta buckle down and get my reno's done at the house. The gym is still being used as a big ol storage space.

In the meantime, I've been working on my diet and doing some researching, finding recipes to use etc.

ACL Brace is STILL away being refitted. (another setback)

Seeing as my original post was about 8 weeks ago, I have 3 weeks left of my goal, and I don't think I've lost anymore weight.

As of this morning I sit at 146lbs.
Goal weight is still 125lbs.
Time is flexible because my life is too hectic to put a time constraint on right now.

Taking life a day at a time...

As soon as I start working out I will be logging them here for my records
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Great to have you back Beefer!

Life gets like this sometimes. But the fact you are BACK and posting/holding yourself accountable speaks VOLUMES. Many (too many) NEVER come back from "letting themselves go...". You are blessed with the knowledge, peer support etc. of having done it once.

WE will help you do it again. Let's make a concerted effort to help her guys. Check in every day and offer a word of encouragement/support. You ALL have an area of expertise. I've seen it.. USE it, to help someone who's brought a LOT to BP.

It's time to give back, and giving back is easy if you love what you do... :D
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Subbed.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

See that Beefer?

People here care... :) We're here to support YOU!
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

And I really appreciate that Rob, and Dragon :)

Yesterday was my first football practice participating with my knee brace!! I didn't get involved too much but I have a LOT of getting used to... mostly running (forward) with the limited range of motion.

I may do my heavy leg lifting (which is still light) with the brace on until I get more comfortable in that range of motion, while still doing my physio-style exercises without the brace for general strengthening...

Will try lifting tonight after POWER CLEANING the basement/gym.

EDIT:
Friday Weigh-in: 141.6lbs
Thursday diet: Great, with the exception of about 1000 calories of Timbits (donut holes for those that don't know)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Timbits, LOL.

You have a great quality there Beefer, the ability to laugh at yourself... :)
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

No workout accomplished, but I did do a monday lunch walk (30 minutes walkin ish) and my diet was bad but not terrible all weekend. Weight is the same.

I did accomplish building the frame of a temporary closet in the house, ripping out some more walls so I can re-build(re-route really) one of the stair cases, and cleaning/rearranging/organizing the place like a MOFO... the basement is almost ready to be gym-ified again! (the basement steps being moved are actually key to using my power rack again at the moment....)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Good progress Beefer. Building your home gym cuts down on the commute time, they're always playing the music you like and brings the idiot factor down to zero... :)
drtda

Post by drtda »

Those are some of the exact reasons why I dramatically increased the size and scope of my home gym over the past 2 years.

But there are times that I do something while lifting that may temporarily cause a blip in the "idiot factor", I must admit.
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

Right now i'm in the process of re-routing the basement stairwell so that my power rack can fit better (aka properly) in one section without having to move it back to where it was (which was the middle of the whole open space in the basement)...

I'm like... 75% done the stairs. Then the lifting begins.... SOOO MANY SET BACKS ALWAYS!!!!

Rough weekend for the diet...
Football practice last tuesday left me feeling VERY sore in the hips/glutes because of the knee brace (and not using the muscles in forever)...

Gonna. Keep. Trying.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

beefcake66 wrote:Right now i'm in the process of re-routing the basement stairwell so that my power rack can fit better (aka properly) in one section without having to move it back to where it was (which was the middle of the whole open space in the basement)...

I'm like... 75% done the stairs. Then the lifting begins.... SOOO MANY SET BACKS ALWAYS!!!!

Rough weekend for the diet...
Football practice last tuesday left me feeling VERY sore in the hips/glutes because of the knee brace (and not using the muscles in forever)...

Gonna. Keep. Trying.
so far so good, all we have to do in the end is try
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

Wall has successfully been torn apart, just gotta get the electrical wires removed and then the space cleaned up and I will have a use-able Gym!!! YESSS!! Should be lifting by this weekend!

Also... first football game of the season this weekend. I will probably not be playing because I haven't been to m/any practices, and I still haven't got used to my knee brace yet... But progress is being made...