Training frequency during feast

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
saud1774

Training frequency during feast

Post by saud1774 »

Hey guys thanks for all your help! Another question... I am chomping at the bit here in feast phase! I am about a week into feast and this one on two off thing is driving me nuts! I have so much energy and strength right now because of all the food/rest/sups! All I want to do is move some iron. Do you think it would be ok to follow my inclination and train every other for a while?
wtmarcus

Post by wtmarcus »

That's usually how I feel at the start of feast.. I have chosen to ignore my inclination to hit the increase in training frequency. I think it would burn me out faster and give me less of benefit from the feast in the long run.

Are you doing cardio? Going 1on-2off and putting cardio on the second off day works great for killing my urge to hit the weights. Also I have expanded the normal 3.0 template to include a finishing bit of different body weight training things.. takes me 2.5-3hrs in the gym so the 2 days off is great. After a week or two I'm actually increasing the rest days and "only" hitting the gym twice / week. Tried avoiding lowering the frequency one run and it was awful. :D

I'd recommend following the template the first and second time around, and then start experimenting. First run was a lot of learning for me, second run felt muuuuch better. Third one is the time to get creative imo.
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

I agree with wtmarcus. Here's what I like to do:

1 day of training BP style
1 day of metabolic conditioning/sprint/cardio
1 day off
repeat

Only thing to remember is to retrain yourself on conditioning and sprinting so it's not another workout to recover from but a form of active recovering. Plus you'll burn some calories and stay active. HTH