5x5 during feast?

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
Pogojohnny

5x5 during feast?

Post by Pogojohnny »

Hi all,

I just started my first feast after reading and trying to take in all of the blueprint. I am reraeding all the time while I go. I am 48 yrs old and usually training powerlift style low reps low volume and much of the time as heavy as I can. Since my last couple of months of training consisted mainly of singles doubles triples and an occasional 5er, I decided to do a basic 5x5 program for my main lifts combined with static holds and somewhat higher volume work for bi's and tri's. I tend to find 5x5 a very demanding protocol if done truly heavy. I split my upper and lower body workouts.
Question, is 5x5 ok for a feast assuming that I will gradually move towards triples and singles as soon as 5x5 stalls?
Also, I ordered a bottle of Synthagen to help me. I take 7 pre and 7 post workout and 3 x 5 on non workout days. Unfortunately my legs are extremely sore from my last squat workout :) even though it is 3 days behind me now.

Thanks,

Peter
wtmarcus

Post by wtmarcus »

You seem experienced with training this style so give it a try. 8)
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

Last time I did with a training style I was used too during feast, it was a disaster. Follow 2.0 pattern during feast and 5x5 during cruise and appreciate the gains! The body is master of adaptation. You need variations in your routines even if you're more geared toward pure alpha streght. My 0.02