Pavel's 5x5x5 during feast?

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
PrimiFit

Pavel's 5x5x5 during feast?

Post by PrimiFit »

I understand that during 2.0 one should focus on intensity and that usually there should be 2-3 rest days in between training days.

However, I was wondering if Pavel's 5x5x5 type of program would work during the Feast phase?

The 5x5x5 program is basically this:
-select 5 exercises
-do 5 reps of each (4th week is deload and only 3 reps are done then)
-Select a weight that you COULD lift for 7 reps but do only 5
-do them 5 days per week
-5th week is a test for new 1 RM

So, there would be 5 training days in a row, but quite low volume for each day.
Would this work or should it be timed for another phase, like cruise?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Cruise would be more appropriate, for a 5 x 5 variation like this. Also, 5 days a week I'd think would be a bit much! Therefore, listen to your body and adjust training frequency accordingly.

Because it's ALL about listening to your body! :)
wtmarcus

Post by wtmarcus »

If you do opt to do the 5x5x5 during your cruise remember to adapt the weights to your daily form. Some days you will be going much lighter than other days. At no time should you be flirting with failure.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

wtmarcus wrote:If you do opt to do the 5x5x5 during your cruise remember to adapt the weights to your daily form. Some days you will be going much lighter than other days. At no time should you be flirting with failure.
Solid! Thanks for the assist... :)
PrimiFit

Post by PrimiFit »

Thanks for all the advice!

I started with a different kind of program now and I have plenty of rest days inbetween. I probably won't do the 5x5x5 on cruise either because I'm strongly considering to start the Convict Conditioning thing. I can't do any barbellwork, so bodyweight training seems like a logical option.