Help with Feast, calories per bodyweight

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
PrimiFit

Help with Feast, calories per bodyweight

Post by PrimiFit »

I'm on my first run of the BP and currently at day 15 of Feast.

Initially my fat% was going down but now, day by day it's going up.

I understood from the 2.0 that the calories should be over the maintenance during the feast. After counting my calories with the template given in 2.0, I realized that that was not the case with me. For example 12x or 15x my bodyweight is on a caloric deficit and I do sit around a lot during my work.

Here's my initial plan, that I've been using until now:
days 1-3: 130% of maintenance calories
days 4-6: 120% of maintenance calories
days 7-14: 115% of maintenance calories <- I'm currently here
days 15-42: 110% of maintenance calories

by maintenance calories I mean the amount I usually burn, including daily activities and training etc.

Have I done something horribly wrong?

My macros are usually around 30-30-40 or somewhere around there.

Majority of my carbs come from sweet potatoes, a little fruit and berries and some honey.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Long way to go, so I wouldn't fret just yet.

Your plan from day 15 on is a good one, and should take care of any concerns. May also want to consider switching to caloric zig-zags as found in 3.0's template, they do a nice job if the descending caloric spiral isn't cutting it for you anymore.

Also, try and focus the majority of your carbs for the day in the 2 hours post workout. Up to 50% in fact, as the enzyme glycogen synthase is really jumping at this time, and will stuff more carbs into the muscle as glycogen.

Hope that helps!
PrimiFit

Post by PrimiFit »

Thanks for the reply Rob! And also sorry for the slow response time. Haven't been checking the forum lately.

I think a lot of my problems with weight gain was because:
1) I mixed fat and carbs too much. I find that I do better when eating either high fat- low carb or moderate fat and high carb. Mixed diet makes me fat.
2) Some foods and spices gave me digestion problems which pretty soon lead to constipation, which was very bad for fat burning and my overall well being.
3) I might have overdone the calories at the start of Feast

After my first blueprint, I can't say that I gained a lot of muscle, but I have about 1-2% lower bodyfat. Concidering all the problems I had, that's not too bad.

I'm giving the blueprint a new go and I'm going to use what I learned. Hopefully I'll do better this time :)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Keep at it brother.

The beauty of the system is you learn something EVERY time you cycle through. The fact you have a "short list" of what to improve on is BIG. Tells me you're in for BIG gains...

:)