Red Meat = GOOD!

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

thx Rob... good reminder :)

Some thoughts, opinions and practices:
Like feeds like? Muscle meat feeds muscles?
Unprocessed foods, properly cooked at low temperatures (or not cooked at all), just plain have more quantities of ‘unidentified’ good stuff left in them than do even properly 'processed' isolates. Truly grass fed beef – which tastes a bit gamey, btw - is higher than cold water fish in the good oils. Master life hacker, Timothy Ferris, from a few years ago, reported his T levels skyrocketed when he narrowed his diet to grass fed beef. I’m also high on deer meat from ‘wild’ places where higher levels of pesticides, herbicides, etc on their feeding grounds are less likely. It would be some weird conditions before I would ever eat feed lot meat from a grocery store again… just saying

Also, liver (and other organ meats) from animals from these ‘wild’ places… hard to beat. Not an appetizing thought - but I take ice cube sized pieces of deer liver, freeze them in vacuumed bags and then thaw and throw one into 'green drink' blender shakes … one liver lasts for months, even with the fascia parts cut off for the dogs.

Slightly contrary to the article theme - I alternate meat and dairy days (and rarely mix them on the same day, btw ). Generally - heavy whey (and whatever other milk based products- cheese, yogurts, etc) on heavy workout days - and meats on day body weight / flow workouts. Also, this can be fashioned to fit into BP components easily…

ie thread bump :D
thicketman

Post by thicketman »

I've been eating grassfed beef as well for about the past two years. I don't EVER intend to go back to eating store-bought beef again either. This year, my dad gave us a bunch of ground deer meat and deer sausage. The grass-fed beef was EVERY BIT as lean as the deer burger...no kidding. In fact, my wife never told me which one she was cooking. The only way I could tell what I was eating was that the deer meat is much gamier-tasting than the beef (I actually prefer the beef).

My source not only provides incredible meat (antibiotic-free, as well), but they are incredible people (and I get to support a local business).

For anybody in the Southeast Texas/Houston area that wants to support a local business, here's my source:

https://gentzlonghornbeef.com/

I recall reading a book on a pH diet which held the underlying message that vegetarianism is good and meat is bad. The funny thing is, the author admitted that the studies on grass-fed, hormone free beef did not yields the same negative health markers as grain fed beef...but went on the assert that meat is still bad....unbelievable.

I use beef as my primary source of protein throughout the week. Perhaps that's part of the reason I've had so much luck putting on muscle/trimming fat over the past couple of years.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Red meat is great, but in practice I find the following:

1.) It holds me longer
2.) Slow release profile, ideal for over-night
3.) Goes well with eggs...

:-)