If you've ever suspected there might be Something Fishy...

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
RobRegish

If you've ever suspected there might be Something Fishy...

Post by RobRegish »

If you've ever suspected there might be Something Fishy going on with Cheap Supplements...

So we've all been there: Tempted by cheap prices for the very same (allegedly) supplements you can buy here, but at 1/3rd of the cost. For everyone that ever suspected there was something fishy going on - you've been vindicated.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015 ... d-products

Reported in the NY Times and elsewhere, various herbs from GNC, Target, WalMart and Walgreens tell the tale: In some cases, these supps contained NOTHING - and certainly not the claimed herb. The retailer with the poorest showing was Walmart. Only 4% of the Walmart products tested showed DNA from the plants listed on the labels.

The biggest rip off may be WalMart Whey (aka Body Fortress SUPER ADVANCED WHEY!). It tested out at a mere 40% protein!!! But wait, it's $20 for 2lbs and gives you a whopping 60 grams of protein per 2 scoops!

Of course, that's only 11 servings and 24g of heat treated denatured protein - but hey, they're counting on you not knowing that...

Yes, MASS PRO is more expensive (around $48 for 2lbs) but given you get almost 3x's more servings at 24g/pop of its cold processed, biologically active protein - it doesn't look so expensive now, does it?

I understand money's tight, believe me. Right there with ya'. But I just ordered a case of MassPro and sharing it with my girl now. When that goes down the hatch, at least we know it's the real deal, we invested our money with people that CARE about their products and we're getting all the benefits a correctly processed whey imparts.

Long way of saying: MASS was true to label, before true to label was cool.
askmass
Site Admin

Re: Why it's smart to invest in MASS's products

Post by askmass »

RobRegish wrote:So we've all been there: Tempted by cheap prices for the very same (allegedly) supplements you can buy here, but at 1/3rd of the cost. For everyone that ever suspected there was something fishy going on - you've been vindicated.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015 ... d-products

Reported in the NY Times and elsewhere, various herbs from GNC Target, WalMart and Walgreens tell the tale: In some cases, these supps contained NOTHING - and certainly not the claimed herb. The retailer with the poorest showing was Walmart. Only 4% of the Walmart products tested showed DNA from the plants listed on the labels.

The biggest rip off may be WalMart Whey (aka Body Fortress SUPER ADVANCED WHEY!). It tested out at a mere 40% protein!!! But wait, it's $20 for 2lbs and gives you a whopping 60 grams of protein per 2 scoops!

Of course, that's only 11 servings and 24g of heat treated denatured protein - but hey, they're counting on you not knowing that...

Yes, MASS PRO is more expensive (around $48 for 2lbs) but given you get almost 3x's more servings at 24g/pop of its cold processed, biologically active protein - it doesn't look so expensive now, does it?

I understand money's tight, believe me. Right there with ya'. But I just ordered a case of MassPro and sharing it with my girl now. When that goes down the hatch, at least we know it's the real deal, we invested our money with people that CARE about their products and we're getting all the benefits a correctly processed whey imparts.

Long way of saying: MASS was true to label, before true to label was cool...

Thanks, Rob.

We've been sounding the alarms increasingly over two decades, now.

>Legitimate Products ONLY
https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/testing.html

>Consumer Alert: Are your herbal health supplements spiked?
https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/herbal_health ... ments.html

>Cheap Protein Supplements: The dirty little secret they don't want told
https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/cheap-protein-supplement.html

RobRegish

How to put yourself into Protein Synthesis Orbit...

Post by RobRegish »

Last night before bed I slammed the following:

RECIPE #1

1 scoop Mass Pro Whey Chocolate
1 container Greek Yogurt
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream

24g of the most biologically active protein available anywhere (at any price), 12g of protein from Greek Yogurt and heavy cream. Which the old timers called, GROWTH FATS - for a reason!

Low in carbs, so as not to inhibit GH release. High in growth fats/yogurt, which slows down protein absorption AND....

Trickle feeds amino acids/colostrum like an IV drip into my muscles, throughout the night! So I wanted to juice this baby even more, here's how I did it!!

RECIPE #2

Switch out Greek Yogurt for full cottage cheese ( 1-2 cups), mix in some Mass Pro Vanilla, add a slice of pineapple and voila!

The cottage cheese naturally curdles in the stomach, leading to a SLOW release of amino acids into the blood over-night. That goes for most of the Mass Pro too!

Mass Pro gives you a "quick hit" of di and tri peptides to achieve liftoff! Faster than even free form amino acids, I might add. Stage 2 then kicks in, flooding your muscle cells with Glutamine and Taurine peptides, which attract H2O and all the goodies to follow!

The casein from the cottage cheese, whey isolate/concentrate and Colostrum from Mass Pro serve as stage 3, placing you in protein synthesis orbit for the rest of the night. And oh, that slice of pineapple I mentioned? Rich in the digestive enzymes bromelain and papain, which further assist in protein assimilation...

You literally grow while you sleep...

And that my friends, is how to make one scoop of Mass Pro go a LONG way!!!

:D :) 8) :!:
BrainSquirts

the only product I endorsed was MASS PRO

Post by BrainSquirts »

(Hey guys and girls! Lost my credentials...so been just lurking lately ...
new, slightly different handle... but it is me - same ole dumbass unit - doing the posts ;)

Hey Rob, :P sc rew just “placing you in protein synthesis orbit for the rest of the night” ;)
Occasionally add a bit of high end grass fed butter and fermented cod liver oil to the recipe and go on into Bud Price-y Wig-y bardo liminal land... :shock:

and Fwiw / for you hard cores - imo, doing the pineapple (edible stem included) midday and alone may be preferable to mixed in at night... (non meme) theory is - body will sort of ‘save up’ what it needs of the zymes for later

... then pre-dawn, scrape your tongue, brush with Theraneem toothpaste before knocking down a load of bulk proteolytic enzyme powder with high quality water...

... later breakfast = mix almond and walnut milk from a SoyaPower G4, 3/4 cup organic coffee, high quality cacao powder, and organic grade b maple syrup to sweeten. (Use as much syrup as you like … typically 1:1 tblspn ratio with the cacao is sufficient sweetening…)

... btw - the only product I endorsed was MASS PRO :!:
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Interesting Protocol Brain!

Glad to see you back... :)
BrainSquirts

Post by BrainSquirts »

To clarify and expand a little bit - The working theory around my comments on enzymes is that, unless one has a condition specific need for them, a healthy body can accommodate 20 - 25 grams protein, even if it occasionally comes in as a late night load on the overnight system...

and - more theory - most condition specific needs for digestive assists via enzymes would be better addressed by the care and feeding / rebalancing of the biome. Ie in an otherwise healthy person, any supplemental enzymes are best purposed and timed for cleansing and cleanup of ‘scar tissue’ (to keep it short) of micro tears,etc during muscle recovery and rebuilding, instead of to assist digestion and assimilation... whoops this post just slipped right over into a liver, etc. health topic...

and Re: “Interesting Protocol”
... imo, neither the ‘overnight protein pulsing’ or that ‘breakfast’ are indicated for daily utilization... imo max rate every 4th day/night (except during feast ing :D ...)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

This is definitely you Brain.

Nobody else could detail such intricate, "deep" posts... :)
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Another one pertinent to the discussion here-

Losing it's WHEY: An Insiders Look at the Protein Market

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... php?t=2269
FatBoySlimFast

Post by FatBoySlimFast »

Unfortunately shipping to the UK is not cost effective for something as bulky as Mass Pro Whey.
I guess the only way I would be able to try it, would be for Predator Nutrition to stock it in the UK as they do with few of your other products(is this a possibility i the future?)
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

FatBoySlimFast wrote:Unfortunately shipping to the UK is not cost effective for something as bulky as Mass Pro Whey.
I guess the only way I would be able to try it, would be for Predator Nutrition to stock it in the UK as they do with few of your other products(is this a possibility i the future?)
We ship a lot all over the world, Slim, and the best way is to order single jugs or twin packs and make every scoop count as Rob stressed above.

We do have international athletes buying cases, but the shipping that USPS charges escalates rapidly on that much weight, especially so to places like Japan and Australia.

It's best to think of MASS PRO Whey as more highly concentrated than other protein powders, where bulk amounts are NOT needed to see results.

For international BluePrint Forum Members seeing this, type code "Extra15%OffInternationalMPW" to get an Extra 15% Off your MASS PRO Whey orders, specifically, with my compliments.

This will help defer some of the shipping fee that USPS charges, and it's deducted at time of hand processing by the way, not automatically online.

Best.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

askmass wrote:
FatBoySlimFast wrote:Unfortunately shipping to the UK is not cost effective for something as bulky as Mass Pro Whey.
We ship a lot all over the world, Slim, and the best way is to order single jugs or twin packs and make every scoop count as Rob stressed above.

We do have international athletes buying cases, but the shipping that USPS charges escalates rapidly on that much weight, especially so to places like Japan and Australia.

It's best to think of MASS PRO Whey as more highly concentrated than other protein powders, where bulk amounts are NOT needed to see results.

For international BluePrint Forum Members seeing this, type code "Extra15%OffInternationalMPW" to get an Extra 15% Off your MASS PRO Whey orders, specifically, with my compliments.

This will help defer some of the shipping fee that USPS charges, and it's deducted at time of hand processing by the way, not automatically online.

Best.
Highly recommend this guys. I have jugs on the way. It and synthagen are by far the best products not just in the MASS line but probably ever.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I've been experimenting with different ways to take MPW, vs. just "shakes" all the time. I must say, these are a lot more satisfying:

MPW + Greek Yogurt + Strawberries

MPW + Cottage Cheese + Pineapple

MPW + Sugar free Jell-O pudding mix

MPW (choc) + 1.5 cup steel cut oats, honey, raisins, natural peanut butter

Hard to believe some of these are sugar free/really satisfy my sweet tooth. I won't heat it, and fortunately with all of these - don't need to.