Post surgery training........

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
walkerl60

Post surgery training........

Post by walkerl60 »

Hey Coach just giving you an update of where I'm at since our conversation. Tomorrow's workout will be the last of week 1 Meteoric training (shooting for 1 RM on Russian step-up and easy curl pullover)
I'm enjoying the step-ups, BUT due to the knee issue, I'm afraid it won't be a true 1 RM. It will be whatever my (post surgery) left knee can handle. I am only able to use a bench that is knee high for the time being. My plan is, instead of trying to increase weight as it gets stronger, I will increase the height of the step up bench.
The pullovers are tough, In the past, I have been doing pullovers with the dumb dell as opposed to the easy curl bar. It's a much tougher exercise but more effective!!!
Enough of the whining, and here are my numbers after today's workout:

Step-ups (knee high bench): 60 lb dumbbells for 6 reps.

Easy curl bar pullovers (slight incline): 35 lb plate each side for 5 reps.

Let the gains begin.......
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Those are great #'s brother!

I can't wait to see what you accomplish here. We have a strong benchmark, now it's time to up your game!

Have no doubt you will... )
walkerl60

Post by walkerl60 »

RobRegish wrote:Those are great #'s brother!

I can't wait to see what you accomplish here. We have a strong benchmark, now it's time to up your game!

Have no doubt you will... )
Hey Coach,

Just wanted to touch base and give you an update:

Due to a mini vacation that was scheduled, I was just now able to complete week one of the Meteoric training. I think, based on the first week, that this will be a really good change of pace for me. I just need to tighten up the diet and not give in to the temptation of carbs on keto days. I just received an additional bottle of synthagen that I will take during training days only. I also ordered a bottle of TQ that should be here in a couple of days. I’ll be in touch after a couple more weeks of training and let you know how things are going....
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Every week that ticks by, you'll see the changes LJ.

Glad you like it so far. In 6 weeks, you may not recognize that guy staring back at you, in the mirror!
walkerl60

Post by walkerl60 »

Question about Synthagen......am I missing out on the full benefits of Synthagen if I am not taking in any pre or intra training carbs?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

walkerl60 wrote:Question about Synthagen......am I missing out on the full benefits of Synthagen if I am not taking in any pre or intra training carbs?
Depends on your somatype and goals brother. If you're after maximum muscle and an ecto, then yes you're giving something up. From a recovery perspective though, it's more or less the same..
walkerl60

Post by walkerl60 »

RobRegish wrote:
walkerl60 wrote:Question about Synthagen......am I missing out on the full benefits of Synthagen if I am not taking in any pre or intra training carbs?
Depends on your somatype and goals brother. If you're after maximum muscle and an ecto, then yes you're giving something up. From a recovery perspective though, it's more or less the same..
I sent you an email with pics attached (you're more than welcome to post them here btw...I couldn't find the attach file button or I would have) so it's pretty obvious I'm not ecto, and if you remember from our phone consult, I'm after recomp right now.
The reason for my question was, on the circuit workout of meteoric, I hit huge F'n brick wall and felt like crap. THEN, I realized I had not eaten hardly at all before my workout that afternoon, so not only was I carb depleted, I was calorie depleted to boot!!! Won't make that mistake again.....
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

walkerl60 wrote:
RobRegish wrote:
I sent you an email with pics attached (you're more than welcome to post them here btw...I couldn't find the attach file button or I would have) so it's pretty obvious I'm not ecto, and if you remember from our phone consult, I'm after recomp right now.
The reason for my question was, on the circuit workout of meteoric, I hit huge F'n brick wall and felt like crap. THEN, I realized I had not eaten hardly at all before my workout that afternoon, so not only was I carb depleted, I was calorie depleted to boot!!! Won't make that mistake again.....
Sorry man, sooo many I'm keeping track of. Having said that, you nailed it.. :)
walkerl60

Post by walkerl60 »

Hey Coach,

I was catching up on some forum threads from my Hypertrophy Max program (Ben Pakulski and Vince DelMonte), and came across this.

https://musclegenes.com/

What's your thoughts on the legitimacy.....waiting to here.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Sorry to be late in getting you an answer..

IF this is accurate (and it's a BIG if), it could be a game changer. If you take the plunge, please do let us know here.

Regardless, great find. Thanks for sharing... :)
BrainSquirts

opinion only... I aint coach

Post by BrainSquirts »

My speculation would be this ( https://musclegenes.com/ . etc) is not ready for prime time.

Fwiw, I’m not against ‘aligning’ with one’s genetics at all... Intuitively and historically, I've leaned towards an orientation of genetics - then epigenetics...
Ie this has great promise in the future ...but state of the art now is just not there yet. I don’t think this current level of gene testing would identify the markers for individually tuning training, diet, and supps any better than iterative self testing and fine-tuning of practices.
Similar, maybe same, testing panels were promoted several years ago for ‘overcoming’ many health issues - weight, autoimmunes, genetic predispositions, etc. etc. Two related enterprises went / were forced out of business.
Based on those outcomes, I would estimate 3 out of 100 customers will get the ‘earth shakin’ results being touted, another ~20% would get some ( marginal to good) results, and the other almost 80% would get ‘nuthin’ out of it.

Currently, imo, biome tweaking is a much richer vein for those who seek to leverage and/or amend ‘individual differences’ ... ie influence epigenetics, compensate for environmental pressures, restore flow - and you might not even need gene panels to divine self knowledge about your genetics
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Incredible analysis!

Thank you... :)
walkerl60

Post by walkerl60 »

Hey Coach just curios....Is there something in TQ or the combination of TQ and Synthagen that may have caused a fungus to break out on my arms? I've had it for about thee weeks and the only thing that changed in my routine was adding TQ...finally had to go to the doctor to get some cream to try and get rid of it.

LJ
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

walkerl60 wrote:Hey Coach just curios....Is there something in TQ or the combination of TQ and Synthagen that may have caused a fungus to break out on my arms? I've had it for about thee weeks and the only thing that changed in my routine was adding TQ...finally had to go to the doctor to get some cream to try and get rid of it.

LJ
Negative LJ, first I've heard of it.

Likely the time of year, the fact we're more outdoors etc. I'm seeing a lot of it around here. In fact, happened to my son recently too. The worst IMO are ticks and the risk of Lyme disease.

In any case, TQ if anything should help these conditions - owing to its anti-inflammatory properties..