Training to failure: Is it necessary?

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
RobRegish

Training to failure: Is it necessary?

Post by RobRegish »

Nope, not according to this study/excellent analysis provided by Adel Musa:

https://suppversity.blogspot.com/search/ ... erformance

We have proven this in BP from day 1, via use of loading patterns and EDT combos. Training to failure does have its time/place, but is used only for 5 workouts in 2.0.

The biggest lesson I learned training under Mentzer was this: Training to failure consistently with progressive resistance leads to adrenal burnout, anxiety and a host of other maladies.

Have you ever trained to failure for over a month? If so, what did you notice? I welcome alternative viewpoints...
walkerl60

Re: Training to failure: Is it necessary?

Post by walkerl60 »

RobRegish wrote:Nope, not according to this study/excellent analysis provided by Adel Musa:

We have proven this in BP from day 1, via use of loading patterns and EDT combos. Training to failure does have its time/place, but is used only for 5 workouts in 2.0.

The biggest lesson I learned training under Mentzer was this: Training to failure consistently with progressive resistance leads to adrenal burnout, anxiety and a host of other maladies.

Have you ever trained to failure for over a month? If so, what did you notice? I welcome alternative viewpoints...
Training to "absolute failure" requires a spotter. As per IFBB Pro Ben Pakulski (B Pak), the only time you should need a spotter, is in a life or death situation!!! Which you should never put yourself in..

Such as BP 2.0 and 3.0, use of %'s of 1RM is far more effective IMO....
RobRegish

Re: Training to failure: Is it necessary?

Post by RobRegish »

walkerl60 wrote:
RobRegish wrote:Nope, not according to this study/excellent analysis provided by Adel Musa:

Training to "absolute failure" requires a spotter. As per IFBB Pro Ben Pakulski (B Pak), the only time you should need a spotter, is in a life or death situation!!! Which you should never put yourself in..

Such as BP 2.0 and 3.0, use of %'s of 1RM is far more effective IMO....
Thanks brother, glad you agree.

This isn't to say there isn't merit in HIT, there is. It's perfect to get your strength levels up right quick, coming out of Famine for example. To practice it a a sole means to an end though, is severely limiting your potential..