Progesterone: The forgotten male hormone

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
cogrick2

Post by cogrick2 »

I suggest regular testing because progesterone can reduce male libido and has been given to sex offenders.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

cogrick2 wrote:I suggest regular testing because progesterone can reduce male libido and has been given to sex offenders.
Not true, they use Depro-Provera, which is completely different.

Provera™ is medroxyprogesterone acetate, which is not the same as natural progesterone. Additional molecules have been added to Provera™ that make it chemically different from the progesterone found in the female body. Provera™ has been intentionally altered so it could be patented, unlike our natural hormones. The unfortunate truth is Provera™ comes with a long list of side effects, including undesired weight gain, acne, bloating, mood swings, and migraines. Other synthetic progestins are found in the Mirena IUD™, birth control pills, and Depo-Provera™. When these synthetic progestins are used in place of natural progesterone, women suffer from further hormone imbalances and do not receive the desired health benefits of natural progesterone. Natural progesterone is our calming hormone that relieves anxiety and allows us to sleep at night, while also protecting us from estrogen-dominant cancers.

Natural Progesterone:

Helps balance estrogen
Improves sleep
Natural calming effect
Reduced anxiety
Prevents cyclical migraines
Lowers blood pressure
Helps body use/eliminate fats
Lowers cholesterol
Protects against breast cancer and fibrocystic breasts
Prevents endometrial cancer
Natural diuretic
Natural antidepressant
Anti-inflammatory
Stimulates production of new bone
Enhances thyroid hormones
Regulates blood sugars
Stabilizes blood clotting
Improves libido (sex drive)
Decreases risk for autoimmune diseases
Coach Rob

Post by Coach Rob »

This is why I love this board.

Cogrick brought up an important issue, something we may well be concerned with. Matter took it a step further and in a very professional manner, pointed out that may not be the case.

There may very well be more to the story, but I'm proud of both you guys for your contributions.

We might not have the biggest board, but there's no "is creatine a steroid"? crap here you have to sift through, like nolinksplease.com

LEARN, SHARE, GROW...
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Coach Rob wrote:This is why I love this board.

Cogrick brought up an important issue, something we may well be concerned with. Matter took it a step further and in a very professional manner, pointed out that may not be the case.

There may very well be more to the story, but I'm proud of both you guys for your contributions.

We might not have the biggest board, but there's no "is creatine a steroid"? crap here you have to sift through, like nolinksplease.com

LEARN, SHARE, GROW...
It would be like saying M1T is the same as Testosterone, IMO
UK-Legs

Post by UK-Legs »

Hi gents, just thought I should add my experience in for what it's worth.

Background, my hair has been falling out for last 4 years, I need to keep my looks for work as I'm a Butler in the Buff supporting a family. I've been on minoxidil from day 1, minimal effectiveness. Tried finasteride for 6 months, again minimal effectiveness (with sides commonly reported). Been using keto shampoo, guess what? Minimal effectiveness!

I was beginning to resign myself to a life of baldness :cry:, then read this thread. I remember Rob's advice on DHEA enzymatic conversions happening in the shoulder skin. 5 alpha reductase (enzyme for converting test to DHT) is found mainly in the testes so I applied 10mg progesterone cream daily.

2 months in and my hair loss stopped, completely. 4 months now and I've stopped using everything else and hair loss still stopped. Cost me £20 ($30) for 6 months. No sides or other benefits/effects to note.

Matter. Thank you dude.
Coach Rob

Post by Coach Rob »

He's one of (if not the) best poster here!

Thanks again Matter. You make this place a terrific resource. UK-legs, happy it helped!
cogrick2

Post by cogrick2 »

cogrick2 wrote:12mgs a night. It's actually a topical oil that she wants me to use orally. I am going to ask her why she prefers oral intake. I also remember reading in the past that it is not absorbed well orally.
You know, the doctor never called me back. I called her three times. I did not ask this particular question in my voicemail and through-secretary messages. She asked me to call for follow-up after our first conversation. I might try her again soon, about a year later. Reminder: Even a natural-solution focused medical practitioner may not be great. Ha! Another reminder: Matter2003 said at the beginning of this thread that he believed transdermal progesterone was the way to go, unlike my unresponsive physician.

And thank you Matter2003 for the correction about progesterone's safety.

I just tested again as having high SHBG and low free T. My total estrogen levels were double the max of the normal range as I recall, even though I'm a lean guy in my mid-30s. I'm starting 10mgs/day of progesterone cream on the shoulders just like one of the previous posters.

CORRECTION: My total estrogens was near the max of the reference range. Big difference. Free T was a bit below the min. and total low-mid of normal so still, too much estrogen.